FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The answer to everthing equals four...

Diablosblizz
My friend told me today that everything equals four. I was quite confused on what he meant by that, but after he explained it I understood. It's actually pretty interesting. Let me give you an example. We need a word, and for the example I will choose the word 'Apple.'

The word apple has five letters. Then the word five has four letters.

Another example, now with 'Microsoft.'

The word Microsoft has nine letters and nine spelled out has four letters. Last example, this time the word Internet.

The word internet has eight letters. Eight spelled out has five letters. Five spelled out has four letters.

I found it pretty funny and interesting. What are your thoughts on this?
friuser
A bit of context would be helpful. Here's the links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_%28number%29
http://www.marijn.org/everything-is-4

think you were just punked. Annoying people do that as a means to show their intellectual prowess. Try not to believe everything you hear. The thing with math is you can make up anything and provide a basics for your explaination.
Magicman
Yeah thats true in a way. I learned it as 'four is cosmic' using only numbers. ie: six is three, three is five, five is four, four is cosmic. The point was to get people to guess why four is cosmic by naming numbers and going through them.

It should work with any word like you say.
Liu
Diablosblizz wrote:

I found it pretty funny and interesting. What are your thoughts on this?

You're way too easily amused.
SpellcasterDX
I think someone is playing a practical joke on you. It's just a trick. Five always equals four. So you just build up from there to trick somebody. Razz
ashish2005
Hmmm let me try this now.
My name is ashish. Ashish has six letters, six has three letters. three has five letters and five has four letters.

Pretty amazing. Enjoyed it.
Aless
2 + 2 = 5.

Big brother is watching!!
BPrice
well it might be funny or amaze some people but for me rubbish
Genesiz
Looking at this scientifically (because that’s the sort of person I am), you can see why this works:

One - 3 - 5 - 4
Two - 3 - 5 - 4
Three - 5 - 4
Four - 4
Five - 4
Six - 3 - 5 - 4
Seven - 5 - 4
Eight - 5 - 4
Nine - 4
Ten - 3 - 5 - 4

(Hopefully you understand my notations)

The reason this works is because any word or phrase will eventually be shortened to containing 1 to 10 words, which as my working shows all end up as four.

It is also interesting to note that the number 4 is the only number (I know of) whereby the word has the same number of letters as itself, and therefore is the reason a loop is not created for other numbers (as every other number has a different number of letters) and four is the only number at which a loop is created,

The number four truly is the cosmic number.
refreshx
My name is Martin.
Martin has six letters.
Six has three letters.
Three has five letters.
Five has four letters.
Absolutely amazing.
missdixy
Genesiz wrote:
Looking at this scientifically (because that’s the sort of person I am), you can see why this works:

One - 3 - 5 - 4
Two - 3 - 5 - 4
Three - 5 - 4
Four - 4
Five - 4
Six - 3 - 5 - 4
Seven - 5 - 4
Eight - 5 - 4
Nine - 4
Ten - 3 - 5 - 4

(Hopefully you understand my notations)

The reason this works is because any word or phrase will eventually be shortened to containing 1 to 10 words, which as my working shows all end up as four.

It is also interesting to note that the number 4 is the only number (I know of) whereby the word has the same number of letters as itself, and therefore is the reason a loop is not created for other numbers (as every other number has a different number of letters) and four is the only number at which a loop is created,

The number four truly is the cosmic number.

Yeah, looking at this in this way helps. I kept trying different words in my head then eventually found the pattern. still pretty cool though
carlospro7
yeah this is pretty cool and because word four also has four letters it goes into an infinite loop
cloudship
that doesn't make any sense to me, even though, what does the four stands for?
Genesiz
Don't quite understand what you mean. Maybe you'd like to explain, and then i'll see if i can help you.