FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[IMPORTANT] HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE?

vineeth
how to survive a heart attack when alone?

since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing conscious what to do ?? do not panic, but start coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. a deep breath should be taken before each cough, the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. a breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. the squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. in this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital

- send to me by my friend woking as a emergency medic with dubai polcie department.

edit by rvec: please use lowercase.
TBSC
Wow thank you. That sounds good. At least it seems like it can't hurt if someone is waiting for the paramedics to arrive. What do you think about taking asprin? Does that help at all? I saw on commercial that taking an asprin every day can help prevent a heart attack, also if you take an asprin or two at the onset of a heart attack. Is this true?
benjmd
Magical! Yeah, that's not exactly correct. Here's what's really going on:

If you have a "heart attack" it can be anywhere from mild (don't even know it) to severe (quick onset, excruciating, quick loss of consciousness). The primary danger during a heart attack is that the electrical conduction system will get mixed up and start beating erratically, which can lead to the heart stopping altogether. The idea behind carotid massage, deep coughing, straining like you're trying to have a bowel movement, etc. is to trigger a parasympathetic reflex that will slow your heart rate and possibly stop the erratic beating and keep it in normal rhythm. To recognize this and react to it fast enough when needed is probably pretty difficult. If you do feel like you might be having a heart attack, the best thing to do is to get down on the floor and relax yourself as much as possible to reduce the heart's oxygen demand. The pressure of a cough on the heart is NOT enough to effect any meaningful circulation.
crimson_aria
wow. that's really helpful. thank you. i don't have any heart disease but I'm glad to know this kind of information. thanks a lot.
deanhills
Definitely very helpful many thanks for this tip.
Drawingguy
I've often wondered about that aspirin thing, that the first responder mentioned. I mean, wouldn't it take a few minutes, for the least, for the aspirin to take effect? And by then, wouldn't the heart attack have already done its damage?
biljap
This sound very helpful but I wouldn’t dare to depend on this technique...
I searched Internet for this topic and this is what I’ve found (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html):

"Hundreds of people around the country have been receiving an e-mail message entitled "How to Survive a Heart Attack When Alone." This article recommends a procedure to survive a heart attack in which the victim is advised to repeatedly cough at regular intervals until help arrives.

The source of information for this article was attributed to ViaHealth Rochester General Hospital. This article is being propagated on the Internet as individuals send it to friends and acquaintances - and then those recipients of the memo send it to their friends and acquaintances, and so on.

We can find no record that an article even resembling this was produced by Rochester General Hospital within the last 20 years. Furthermore, the medical information listed in the article can not be verified by current medical literature and is in no way condoned by this hospital's medical staff. Also, both The Mended Hearts, Inc., a support organization for heart patients, and the American Heart Association have said that this information should not be forwarded or used by anyone. Please help us combat the proliferation of this misinformation. We ask that you please send this e-mail to anyone who sent you the article, and please ask them to do the same.

Thus, the "advice" presented in this email forward is not condoned by medical experts and it certainly should not be forwarded to "as many friends as possible". Forwarding this sort of misinformation is irresponsible. Using the procedure outlined in the message in place of immediately seeking medical help could actually cost a life rather than save it."

There is another article that contains some instructions: http://www.ehow.com/how_136303_survive-heart-attack.html