FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggested features for a FAQ

Magicman
I have coded my own user-submitted FAQs page from scratch. I'm trying to make it as full featured as I can. I currently have a working submission page and a search page as well as BBCode style url tags. What other features do you think I should add and what changes do you think I should make to the design of this site?

You can try posting a FAQ to test it if you wish but seeing as it probably won't be relevant I will just delete it without it ever getting posted to the public page. You'll have to trust me on the fact the posting to the main page actually works.

http://hattrick.frih.net/faq/
SamiTheBerber
Magicman wrote:
I have coded my own user-submitted FAQs page from scratch. I'm trying to make it as full featured as I can. I currently have a working submission page and a search page as well as BBCode style url tags. What other features do you think I should add and what changes do you think I should make to the design of this site?

You can try posting a FAQ to test it if you wish but seeing as it probably won't be relevant I will just delete it without it ever getting posted to the public page. You'll have to trust me on the fact the posting to the main page actually works.

http://hattrick.frih.net/faq/
Site motor is nice, but layout isn't so nice ...

You should have name and contact of sender, maybe the source link for original text.
Magicman
SamiTheBerber wrote:

You should have name and contact of sender, maybe the source link for original text.

What do you mean by that? I check everything before its posted and in most cases I would be able to verify all the information and clear up any confusion. The main function of this would be to remedy the problem of questions asked far too much on a forum on this topic.
I am especially confused about what you mean by 'source link for the original text'. Most relevant questions can be answered from experience in the poster's own words. There is not really an original text for these since they end up being the original text themselves. There are a few that I took from the forum and added credited to others to just for a test but the answer's are provided in their entirety.
Magicman
I'm going to have to bump this because I need more feedback on the site. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
GB
I took a look at the FAQ section, but unfortunately, there isn't a lot of content there. I'd like to see a few more questions (at least one per section). You can even make these questions up yourself. In fact, that might be a good idea so as to steer people towards the information you want them to know (i.e. information that compels them to buy your product).

Also, I noticed that you didn't set a typeface for the FAQ (didn't look at the rest of the site) and it kicks back my browser's default font. This can cause problems sometimes. I've noticed that especially when you bold or italicize a portion of text, or put in a link, it will cause the text to run into itself making it unreadable. Just something to think about.