FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How far ahead do you plan?

Hammy
Me.. I barely even plan 1 week ahead.

My girlfriend (We've been going out for 2 months, On and Off really.)... We'll lets just say, she knows where we are getting married, where we are living, how many cars we are going to have, what type of cars, how many children were having, what thier names are, and what pets were going to get....

Does anyone else have a partener like that?
And does it bother you or not?

I'd have to say that it doesnt bother me right now, since im 18, i have no money, i know none of that will hapen right now.. plus the fact that i dont even know what im doing next week lol, so why wld i plan the rest of my life instead.
redchic
wow dude that's quiet a leap she took there. my bf and i are planning our wedding so we're thinking ahead as to what our home will be like and how children... pets? heh we have one dog and not really planning on another. that aside, we plan today for tomorrow if that far ahead.

you should talk to her and make sure she understands that this won't happen anytime soon if it will happen at all. how long have you guys known each other? 2 months is rather soon
apple
hammy, I try to plan ahead only when something has the potential to affect me in the long term.
My partner does not think as far ahead as I do so I kinda understand how you might feel.

as my friend redchic (hi reds!!!) pointed out it's only been 2 months. She jumping way ahead.
redchic
hey apple! .... wonder if he'll answer back
Lv4snobrdg
Hammy wrote:
Me.. I barely even plan 1 week ahead.

My girlfriend (We've been going out for 2 months, On and Off really.)... We'll lets just say, she knows where we are getting married, where we are living, how many cars we are going to have, what type of cars, how many children were having, what thier names are, and what pets were going to get....

Does anyone else have a partener like that?
And does it bother you or not?

I'd have to say that it doesnt bother me right now, since im 18, i have no money, i know none of that will hapen right now.. plus the fact that i dont even know what im doing next week lol, so why wld i plan the rest of my life instead.
Thats women dude.

Ima old dude but that story sounds pretty familiar. Just train yourself to recognize that this is just her "version" of the future she sees for herself with her. Women in general do that sort of long term planning.

Pay attention to your lady over the next couple days and she will likely tell you a story about someone she had met that day and could see a long term friendship developing. WITH SOMEONE SHE HAS SPOKEN TO FOR 45 SECONDS!!! The truly funny part is 99 times out of 100 you will never hear about this person again.

Don't worry about it, its a chick thing. It is not for us to understand just for us to deal with.

Peace

Lv
Coen
I try to live day by day unless some actions require thinking ahead. I find there is no reason to worry about the future if it can be avoided. The future will come no matter what and the past is the past. Unless it is needed I don't really think ahead or scare myself with ideas of what might or might not happen. There's just no use.
TrueFact
I usually plan for the long run, but I don't do that in detail... like I set goals for myself and plan a schedule and try my best to stick to it. But things happen and have to be proactive and change according to new events.

In general, when I set my goals they range from 1 month to 2 years.
molif
not in detail, but love to talk about how many kids we like to have in future..
sometimes, it's fun to talk about planning ahead.. but doesnt mean u have to be serious about it..

it does reflects on how u want ur future to be..
cavey
It has nothing to do with you.
This girl probably had her wedding, house, cars and family (including pets) planned years before she met you.
I guess the only "blank" in her plans is the guy she is going to marry. Which is filled in with a pencil...
Tumbleweed
At least she is being open..........totally crazy........ but open.
Kaze_Mitoki
I agree with cavey.

I can't say I know this girl, but I know for a fact that women daydream a lot... I know this from experiance, being a lady myself. The thing is, we need something to hope for, something to plan for. We set milestones and goals for ourselves to get our lives where we want them to be.

Me? I already knew a few details of my wedding before I met my fiance` ... I had always daydreamed of an outside wedding in the spring or summer, and I have always wanted a big wedding, with everybody there to celebrate with us. I had bounced a few names around in my head for children, but kept them to myself until my fiance` asked for my input on that particular subject, and we agreed on a little boy's name, but he is the one that suggested the little girl's name.

either way, it -is- a woman thing. one of the biggest moments in our lifetimes is our wedding, and we want it to be perfect. So, we start planning very early.

That... is quite a leap she's taking, though... two months? Honestly I didn't see my fiance` in my wedding daydreams until a month before he proposed, and even then we had known each other for a good year.

Let her know that, even though she has this wedding all planned out and she thinks you're going to be the groom, that this will not happen for a long time. Let her have her daydreams - it is how we women escape reality - but you will more than likely need to bring her back to earth from time to time.