FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Link Exchange Services....... are they any good?

Phil
I was wondering if anyone here has anything to say about link exchange services.
Since I've been trying to get links with my site, I've come across dozens of these sites that supposedly put you in touch with other related content sites. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Well, I have yet to see one of these link exchange sites with any significant pagerank, so I can't help but wonder if they are even worth the trouble of registering with them.
Does anyone here have any thoughts or even perhaps a link exchange site?
richard270384
I signed up at a few LinkExchange sites last year.

From my experience they ARE NOT GOOD!

SimplyLinking.com is THE WORST! Almost all of the link requests are spam. I asked them to close my account and got no response.

Now, even though the domain I signed up with is no longer up, I still get link requests for it... So however these sites work, they don't even look at yor site before they send you a link request. I personally think they send link request in bulk to everyone.

My advice, stay away from them.
Phil
you know,
I started looking at some of sites that use these linking services. And they really are poor quality. None of them have any Pagerank, or are spammy, like you said.
Like someone just went template-mad and threw up a bunch of sites on the web.
the-guide
I signed up at www.linkmetro.com, only wait for someone request exchange and then add their links to my site after that click approve the sites. It's o.k.
georgekalathil
Actually Link Exchange services were once considered good, though not better. But its better to stay away from link exchange programs and other services, as it is a total waste of time by exchanging links to other sites, which may sometime be any kind of link farms or other stuffs. Better go for the one way link which will get you more weightage than the link exchange programs.
ashish2005
I am involved in a couple of link exchanging sites and I exchange links around once a week. I do not know how much the link exchanings have helped me. I mostly do three way link exchanges through those sites.
dacode
Hi,

I use LinkMetro as well, it's not that bad at all if you set up your account with your needs and wishes.

Regards