FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has video games changed/influenced you?

misterXY
has video games made a sufficient change in your life?
personally i think video games have clicks in school, and me owning the xbox in the day, i was the shit. Shocked
now it's messed. but ye post'm! Rolling Eyes
andy26
hmm good question i would have to answer with yes mainly because it beats boredom so im not doing nothing in my time im playing games but the downside to the change is im not to great on handing in coursework for my college courses.
gtherockgod
I wouldn't say its "changed" me as a person. Just a form of entertainment to me.

Though maybe they've made me more of a procrastinator...Homework to do? How about a little xbox instead? Wink
Nameless
You can't really accurately answer a question like that. Video games are just another semi-minor aspect in my life, and to say how or whether I would be different were they not present is guesswork at best ...
misterXY
gtherockgod wrote:
I wouldn't say its "changed" me as a person. Just a form of entertainment to me.

Though maybe they've made me more of a procrastinator...Homework to do? How about a little xbox instead? Wink

and deed the xbox won? Razz
gtherockgod
misterXY wrote:
gtherockgod wrote:

indeed it did my friend. indedd it did.
misterXY
gtherockgod wrote:
misterXY wrote:
gtherockgod wrote:

indeed it did my friend. indedd it did.

how? if necessary use the thumb pad Shocked
Pendulum
Yeah, they made a nolife of me ^^
Just kidding. All I know of English language, I owe it to video games (by the way, I probably owe the mistakes too Smile ) So they probably changed my life. For example, I would not be here if I didn't know this language Smile
spinout
yes, now i'm marksman shooter in real life cos of that Surprised

Hm, I guess my english vocabulary is much inherated from games Smile

I'm also quite fast on the keyboard, as fast as a fasttyper but with less fingers.
misterXY
spinout wrote:
yes, now i'm marksman shooter in real life cos of that Surprised

Hm, I guess my english vocabulary is much inherated from games Smile

I'm also quite fast on the keyboard, as fast as a fasttyper but with less fingers.

cause of video games i am now a eBay sniper lol
dcfive65ive
yes it has, girlfriend thinks i spend too much time with my ps3 more than I am with her!
wabik90
Hmm... Yeah, I thing the video games change(maybe a little, maybe a lot) everyone who play them.

First of all, they change the way of spending free(and sometimes not free) time. If you're a maniac it's dangerous because you don't care about other things... The games change me, because I've spend lot of time playing, but now when somebody ask me to do something I just get up from the computer;)

Cheers Very Happy
misterXY
i think i spend more time on games then i do on anything else, hell im on a gaming topic? Shocked
soulery
Yeah, it changed me. I turned from a noob to someone mature. Don't know how really.
Vladalf
Video games help at school, they increase concentration and mental capacity. Razz
-Vladalf
mattchun
no i don't think they change me in anyway, even if i play over 4 hours video game a day.
jerredk
No , they dind't change anything. I like playing game's but every young and older ppl like it. But i still have a life. I just play when I have nothing to do. It's more playing for fill my time.
Pikokola
Yes. it's changed me...

I don't know which part, but I feel much more different now. It's just... different...

Maybe like after watching or reading too much story, you got some points from that story which changes you...

Or I could say, I'm leveled up ^^
Yantaal
it hasnt really changed me as they have always been a part of my life.

from when i was a nipper playing sonic the hedgehog on my grandads sega.

to now

where i have nthe nintendo logo tattood on the back of my neck and am playing Wii

so i guess it might have changed me, its just a very large part of my life. very much a part of who i am
RidersDX
Yep. I'm not an idiot anymore. Laughing
Pikokola
RidersDX wrote:
Yep. I'm not an idiot anymore. Laughing

LOL
hell yeah, plays games sometimes can build your IQ, at least for me.
djcaution
Yes in the sense that videogames keep me out of trouble. If I didnt have videogames to occupy myself with, I'd be out doing who knows what with who knows who. I love videogames.
traxion
djcaution wrote:
Yes in the sense that videogames keep me out of trouble. If I didnt have videogames to occupy myself with, I'd be out doing who knows what with who knows who. I love videogames.

the same with mee

the games keep me in the house and having fun with legal stuff:)
chartcentral
On the note of "change," I couldn't really tell, but say "influence," yeah, video games have influenced me in one way or another.