FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Dotcom name for 1 year

silverdown
Just go to

Register.com/tv

Register.com/tv wrote:

Valid credit card required to qualify for free offer. Available .com, .us, .biz, .info, .net, or .org names eligible for free domain registration. One free domain registration per package. Offer does not apply to Premium domains. Your domain name will automatically renew after one year at our low rate. May not be combined with any other offer. Subject to the terms and conditions of our Services Agreement.
Scorpio
They accepted paypal sometime ago, now its only CCs..
v
nisibdv
Very interesting, I would like to trym but I am afraid they do nasy things with my credit card mnumber. Is it secure?
SonLight
nisibdv wrote:
Very interesting, I would like to trym but I am afraid they do nasy things with my credit card mnumber. Is it secure?

I checked out the site and verified that they use secure transmission. You can tell that by the https: in front of the address and the "locked" flag that the browser displays. That is enough to be pretty sure they are not a phishing site.

Their prices for most domains are outrageous, however. They normally charge $35 for a standard domain which you can get for around $10 elsewhere. You could get a domain for free and plan on transferring it later, but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you are not sure about the validity of a site that takes credit cards, it is probably best to avoid using your credit cards online. If you are proactive and check the domain (carefully, to be sure they haven't added some extra info to deceive), verify the https and the lock flag on EVERY site you consider using a credit card on, then it's probably ok to use a credit card on sites well-known to you.
k_s_baskar
nisibdv wrote:

Nothing to worry Register.com is reputed concern. But Please remember that they will automatically renew the domain using ur credit card. It will cost around $35 /year which is very high comparing to normal market price (i.e. $9)

Smile
dude_xyx
k_s_baskar wrote:
nisibdv wrote:

Nothing to worry Register.com is reputed concern. But Please remember that they will automatically renew the domain using ur credit card. It will cost around $35 /year which is very high comparing to normal market price (i.e. $9)
Smile

yeah. If something is given totally free, there is always a catch !
bscomp
its very cool!!!