FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TUX RACER IS AWESOME!!! does it come in flash?

MarzEz
i reckon tux racer is the most awesome game ever to exist in the existence of computers. does anyone know if there is a flash version? if there does happen to be a flash version curled up in some small, insignificant corner of the internet, can someone PLEASE give me a link? Smile
Nutteloos
Why would you want a flash version? I agree Tux Racer is an awesome game but flash usually only makes games shallow and short.
MarzEz
well, let's say you have a mac, a linux box and a windows machine and you use them all for different things:
e.g. the situation for me is:
mac = only comp. connected to the internet.
windows = my computer, not on net.
linux box = used when windows comp. is dead. (like it is now.)
it would be cool just to have one multi-platform game.
Ecthelion
Hi,

As tux racer is probably a open source game, you could just install a mac, linux and windows version...
Or if you can't find it, just compile these versions yourself.

Or do you mean something else?

(btw do you really speak of "tux racer",or do you speak of "planet pinguin racer" (which is way cooler I think ^^ (check it out))
MarzEz
mac and windows versions require downloading and my download limit is...
wait for it...
300mb.
and i use nearly all of it. as in i have from 10 to -50mb download limit left at the end of the month.
plus, if you want to show it to a friend, you don't want to have to carry 2 or 3 different versions around on your flash drive, and your friends may object to you installing it.
i have at least 2 friends that object to me installing anything at all.
still, just wondering.

btw, i'm not sure whether it's PPRacer or tux racer, but i think it's tux racer. i still need to check out PPRacer.
Ecthelion
Planet pinguin racer is the one where you slide downhill with your pinguin...