FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Increase/decrease hosting space depending on posting

zjosie729
It seems like a lot of people want more bandwidth or hosting space. Some people even want to pay for more, but I personally think 250mb space and 1g bandwidth is a lot.

I think admins could reward people who are constantly contributing to Frihost, and here's my idea:

If someone posts frequently, like at least five posts a day (or some other number you think would be more practical), then you reward them with 1 extra megabyte per day.
Of course, you can't just keep rewarding people, so maybe if someone didn't post for three days (or something) then you take away 1 megabyte.

(You could also limit the five posts a day to posts that only contain a certain number of words and up)

What do you think?
LukeakaDanish
I'm pretty certain you are not allowed to suggest this...(read the rules yourself)

Also its stupid. More posts is not the same as better poster, and if REALLY need more than 250mb of space pay for professional hosting. But seriously, unless you are serving massive files (which you shouldn't, using megaupload or rapidshare is much faster than frihost and won't drain your bandwidth) this CANT possibly be a problem! 10gb bandwidth is the limit you can outscore with a digg just good SEO - not the 250mb page size.

Loosening up the constraint would only encourage people not to delete old stuff they don't use.
Bockman
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I'm pretty certain you are not allowed to suggest this...

Although it's not explicitly forbidden (the "Things that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING!" topic mentions a space or bandwith Shop only), that idea is nearly impossible to put in practice.
Also, the package given already is able to support most websites. There are a few cases of accounts that use up all the bandwith and/or space, but most of these accounts reach the limits because they are not properly optimized. Only a very limited few have reached full capacity.

Be Well Cool
Scorpio
First, this would be difficult and would require unnecessary coding.. Next, I prefer added reliability instead of more space or bw.
misterXY
Against the rules : \
Admin or Mod hasn't locked yet, shocking

could be broken as:

Quote:
12) A shop to sell more Bandwidth or Space using FRIH$

or
Quote:
15) Exchanging FRIH$ for Points / Trading, donating or receiving Points.

cited from: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-3725.html
but replace points for space.
so it could be either way? Confused
rvec
misterXY wrote:
Against the rules : \
Admin or Mod hasn't locked yet, shocking

could be broken as:

Quote:
12) A shop to sell more Bandwidth or Space using FRIH$

or
Quote:
15) Exchanging FRIH$ for Points / Trading, donating or receiving Points.

cited from: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-3725.html
but replace points for space.
so it could be either way? Confused

This is serious backseat moderating and next time you'll get a warning for this. As you can see if you scroll a bit up Bockman already said this thread is not breaking the rules.
carlospro7
I think daily adding or taking 1meb of space depending on your post is ridiculous. I don't think, however, it would a bad idea to have an option to add, say 50 megs of space to the account of those in good standing with frihost, that are active on the site and somehow show that they truly need it. Could be something that you request and the admins have the option of denying the request.
rvec
I think those good posters deserve hosting, the others don't. So instead of adding 50mb to the good posters I think we should remove 250mb from all others Smile.
carlospro7
so, isn't that sort of what frihost does already?
rvec
carlospro7 wrote:
so, isn't that sort of what frihost does already?

eeeeh. Yeah
m-productions
or or... now this is wild.... we can buy space with frih$ oh wait, thats "in the works" for .... over 2 years >_> [/ mad/disapontied sarcasim]
taytay
they to seriously give us a lot for free. And all they ask in return (forcfully turning down the option to donate even) is for us to stay active in these forum's. If you have a big enough site to take up all your alotted band width, And/or all your free space, then you better have a pretty good little site going for you. If that's such the case add in some easy google ad's and you could make some easy yet simple revenue to get yourself a proffesional paid host.

Do a lot of searching around though. There's a lot of different places with great different deals.

I'd recommend --link to webhost removed by rvec--. I'd say that is a wicked sweet deal at-a-glance. I haven't tried it yet. I don't have near the need yet for a paid host. even as cheap as this. I got a coupon code from a friend though. I'm on the edge of my seat with the decision to sign up with 'em.

Wink