FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the "HISTORY" - Teaching children - Value

Miriah
Does anyone know the history of teaching children the value of money? What are some motivational factors that people have used in the past to teach the value of money? Maybe not just to children, but to a person in general. The ideas can be adjusted and made age appropriate for the general level another person, or group, is at.

Please chime in. I REALLY want to know what everyone finds out.[/i]
WhistleTurning
Me again

We always used to talk about money and finance and how we approached such matters to and arround our children as they grew up. This instills your values and approaches to money into them naturally (If you have good ones that is). Talk about mortgages, credit cards and all the faults and advantages of all the different kinds of finance. We also gave them an allowance at an early age and encourage them to save for what they wanted (toys they really really wanted especially). This way they grew up to be balanced and though careful with money not overly concerned about buying things they needed, and importantly could afford.
sky
Well, eventually they will learn the value of money when they started to work.. Even by limiting their pocket money will teach them the value of money. Money is a thing that life itself will teach them.