FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there away to permantly buy a domain?

andy26
are you able to buy a domain and keep it or are all domains rental only, or to buy a domain would that cost way too much?
newso
i think you can rent them for 10 years only i think. i might be wrong. well i must cuz theres some sites that have been running longer than that. but i think you can rent it at 10 years a time. im not sure.
andy26
ah ok, iv finaly bought a domain its www.crazybunny.info now i just need to purchase a web hosting service.
Diablosblizz
Frihost is a perfect hosting service. I don't know why you'd want to buy hosting accounts from some huge community when you can get Frihost which is 150% better. The community is unbelievable and support is awesome!

Frihost all the way!!!
andy26
im never ever going to leave this community and im always going to keep my frih host site and update it too www.andysserver.frih.net i would love to add my domain onto this hosting site but the uptime is a factor when your wanting to earn money from a website. iv always been a big fan of frih host and always will be Cool
Scorpio
If you are simply starting off, I would recommend frihost because of its great support.. However, if you get serious about your site, then a paid and more reliable host would be better
dude_xyx
yeah frihost is the best free web hosting service you can find on net. you can get a paid host when you start wanting more bandwidth and space.

As for domain names maximum time you can register a domain is for 10 years. of couse you can renew it after.
pikachu25
No the maxmum hosting time is now 100 year

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/03/23/network_solutions_offers_100year_domain_registrations.html
zjosie729
andy26 wrote:
are you able to buy a domain and keep it or are all domains rental only, or to buy a domain would that cost way too much?

I think I saw somewhere a domain for sale that was like ten thousand dollars.
escritor
zjosie729 wrote:
I think I saw somewhere a domain for sale that was like ten thousand dollars.

If you like to see expensive domains, visit this page at Domain Tools and type a popular buzz word. It shows a list of domains related to that word that are for sale.
MYP415
At the moment domains can only be registered for 10 years max
sambhav
So finally you cant buy domain for lifetime...

I guess this post can be closed now.
Ghost900
sambhav wrote:
So finally you cant buy domain for lifetime...

The link above for 100 years is a lifetime and some for a lot of people unless you plan making it past 100 years old Smile
Kelcey
Yeah. Frihost is EXCELLENT for being free. But if you need more bandwidth or say want to use Ruby on Rails/Django, you need a different host.
escritor
^Oui, we don't have Ruby on Rails here, but we have enough for most projects. Wink