FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Cry For Help

intruder_indeed
I got my webhosting details yesterday, and I cannot access anything. When I go to my URL it says 403 forbidden. I did finally get into the control panel and nothing will upload from there either. Also there is no way of getting in there through my FTP program which is Cute. So could you please see what is wrong your end, or help me out please.
mOrpheuS
Can you try the instructions posted here - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-29676.html#29676 and let us know the result ?

Normally, changing connection mode from "Passive" to "Active" is what is needed.

I'll try to download cuteftp and see what settings are required to make it work with FRIHost.
VoetbalInfo
Maybe to help you both, and myself also Very Happy:

I've got the very same problem as the topic started, and i already tried almost every method there, from the link Morpheus just posted, several topics and also the manual on the cpanel website, none of them works.
Adeya
I have the same problem. I can log into my cPanel by using my password but when I try to change my password from the one mOrpheuS supplied me it gives me an error and says "Generally meaning your old password was entered incorrectly"

Also, I can't log into my FPT using Filezille, SmartFTP, or SWftp. I've changed if from passive to active and i've tried everything in the help topic before I came here. Help would be appreciated Smile

Code:
Status:   Resolving IP-Address for ftp.innocentbystanders.frihost.net
Status:   Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
Response:   220-You are user number 2 of 50 allowed.
Response:   220-Local time is now 06:23. Server port: 21.
Response:   220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response:   220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command:   USER adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net
Response:   331 User adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net OK. Password required
Command:   PASS ********
Error:   Could not connect to server
Status:   Resolving IP-Address for ftp.innocentbystanders.frihost.net
Status:   Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
Response:   220-You are user number 2 of 50 allowed.
Response:   220-Local time is now 06:23. Server port: 21.
Response:   220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response:   220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command:   USER adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net
Response:   331 User adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net OK. Password required[/color]
Command:   PASS ********
Error:   Could not connect to server

edit by rvec: please use code tags for pasting code.
VoetbalInfo
Yes, thats the problem! I've also tried different FTP programs nothing works, also tried different hosts, different usernames, but no result Sad
Adeya
I don't get it though, if you can login to your cPanel shouldn't you be able to change your password?
VoetbalInfo
Yes you can, why?

Btw, i also tried to change my password in cPanel, but i still have to log-in with my old password.

Edit: Nvm, now i remember, i couldn't change it, because it gave an error.

But i think it has nothing to do with this topic, lol :p

I also tried switching off Passive Mode, but that doesn't work too.
Adeya
I don't know if this is relevant to the topic but when I was in my cPanel a few seconds ago I looked at my server status and everything was up except for antirelayd, what had failed
mOrpheuS
Adeya wrote:
Command: USER adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net
Response: 331 User adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Error: Could not connect to server

Can you try logging in to FTP using your cPanel username / password (the username shouldn't have "@innocentbystanders.frihost.net" part) ?

I'm able to login just fine to my account on server 1 Confused
VoetbalInfo
Too bad that isn't the solution Sad

I also tried that.
Adeya
mOrpheuS wrote:
Adeya wrote:
Command: USER adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net
Response: 331 User adeya@innocentbystanders.frihost.net OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Error: Could not connect to server

Can you try logging in to FTP using your cPanel username / password (the username shouldn't have "@innocentbystanders.frihost.net" part) ?

I'm able to login just fine to my account on server 1 Confused

Voet's right, I got the same message. It didn't help any.
Adeya
I tried 2 more FTP clients, WinSCP and CuteFTP, and neither of them worked. Also, this is what it shows when I click "Show raw password change' when the error to changing my pass comes up

Changing password for user adeya.
Changing password for adeya
(current) UNIX password:
New UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
intruder_indeed
Still the same problems here. My URL is giving me no permission, and furthermore inthe control panel there is no way of uploading anyhting as its set to -5kb or mb one of the 2 the only way I can get into the control panel is through the second and third links in my account and not on the link that was sent in my messages box. It is not granting me permission and I do not have the authority to get into it.
Adeya
Any help in resolving this issue would be great Smile
Adeya
Could a mod or creator try to log onto my account using FTP and See if it works for them? I'm having a huge amount of trouble. I haven't changed the password from the one mOrpheuS gave me when he created my account
rvec
please stop using colors when not needed, use code tags on code and use the edit button instead of double posting.

You need an admin or account creator for that, mods don't have any special access to anything but the forums.
VoetbalInfo
I don't know sure, just guessing what the problem could be, maybe there's a wrong setting in our account like FTP settings or something?
intruder_indeed
It's down to the set up in the control panel. The directory as not been set up right, there are folders missing. It can only be fixed there end. And so far no one as seemed to rectify this problem we are all having. Guess we will just have to wait, and talk about life and the universe.
VoetbalInfo
We'll have to wait for Bondings then, in the meanwhile just keep working on your site Very Happy
marcas
Well, i have the same problem. I get also an errorpage when i'm going to my frihost-domain. (http://marcas.frihost.net)
marcas
Please respond, i'm not the only one with this problem...
At least tell us then what the problem is or that you can't do anything to fix it...
Rolling Eyes
intruder_indeed
Waste of space here they aint got a clue. I went out and bought some webspce from Hosts4U. Don't waste your time on here.
rvec
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-89417.html
-close-