FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cpanel for Plesk users?

careyd
Hi, I used to rent a server and used plesk. Anyone come from plesk that might be able to note any differences or anything that they had to get used to? I know they are basically/functionally the same, but from a usability stand point. Thanks in advance.

-Dave
Sunny
I have used Plesk before and I think Cpanel is much better then Plesk in almost all counts. Main reason being Cpanel interface is easier to use and understand as compared to plesk and who in the world doesn't want Fastisco Smile
careyd
Awesome, I can't wait to use it. I know I could use plesk pretty good, but there was defiantly a learning curve. It took me a while before I could use it with ease. It’s great to hear there won't be the same problem with CPanel.
Bondings
Cpanel has much more features and has fantastico (automatically installs forums/cms/blogs). If it's really better, that's another discussion.
careyd
Well plesk does have something that automatically installs cms's, webblogs,etc... but looking at it it seems its a newer feature (within the past year or two) and it was very simple. You had a list of the stuff availible from the company and you basically selected a checkbox and clicked install and everything was taken care for you. Its great to hear that cpanel has this same functionality.

Not that I'm a "wimp" and don't know how to do it by hand, because I have many times before, but in some instances it does make it nice. Other times I had to load a newer version of whatever the company was offering to get some new features.

It looks to me you could pretty much install any system you would like, but what does frihost preoffer you for cms systems? Also, maybe I'm too daft to have seen this elsewhere but, do they allow some kind of ssh access for you.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

-Dave
budazz
it is the first time i heard that plesk and i dont see any webhosting support that.... Very Happy
careyd
1and1.com did Very Happy