FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Topic reward points ?

czc587
I see many topics on points and I've read many of them so I hope this idea has not previous been suggested.
I like the quality of some of the posts here but like Scotty mention in a post it’s obvious that sometimes people post a crappy topic just to get some points. Some posts have good thought provoking material and are enjoyable to participate in. Would an idea be to reward people for the number of responses they receive for their topic post. So if someone posts a topic they could receive a small number say .25 points for every response (other then their posts in that topic) in their started thread, so they could get, say, 1 point for every 5 responses or something like that. This would make people think more about their topics and work to post an engaging topic to promote discussion ? I believe this would be aligned with the principles of Frihost and would reward those who work to promote good quality post and discussion. Just an idea for discussion.
rvec
it's been suggested before. And take a look at the first posts in the longest topics, you think they deserve that much points?