FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guitar Hero

fengtai
Has anyone ever played Guitar Hero? Its a game for PS2, it has two versions (gh1 and gh2), its pretty much like a guitar version of Dance Dance Revolution. Its a really fun game and has a wide variety of songs on it. I highly recommend it to anyone who plays guitar or is playing on learning it. Its also has a version coming out for the Xbox 360
catscratches
This should be in the Games forum. And guess what, there's already a topic about it there (plenty of them, I suppose).
liljp617
This should be cleared up before it gets too far Smile

Yes, it is a fun game especially with lots of people. It's a game that is "addicting" and has tons of replay value. But let's get this straight: It never has and never will compare to playing a guitar. It will in no way ever help your playing of the real instrument. There is extremely little connection between the two. One has five buttons and one string, the other has 21+ frets and 6 strings (there are various picking techniques on guitar...mastering those alone takes more time and talent than GH). One requires very little technique, the other requires more technique than can be learned in a life time. One requires you to hit a button to make a note, the other requires you to know how to fret that note and do many other techniques (bends, hammer on, pull off, harmonics, etc.).

Discuss the game Smile The instrument has no relation to the game and never will.