FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ps3 controller problem

Sparda
hi. well, today i messed up my ps3 controller. It wouldn't turn on anymore.So I tried opening it. I then tried turning on the controller and it worked. All the buttons still work, but if I close my controller back it will automatically go off. The controller is then disabled when closed. Seems like something in there istriggering this. Does anyone have any ideas to how Ican close my controller and have it still work?
Dimx2
ahm it seems that there is a problem in a connection in it. Check them all to verify that they r ok
Sparda
Dimx2 wrote:
ahm it seems that there is a problem in a connection in it. Check them all to verify that they r ok

I would, but I can't really open it up all the way unless I break the bottom part of the controller (where L3 and R3 are).
Klaw 2
Well if it works when it is open maybe you should leave it open. But if you dont want to maybe its better to look what parts which in the controller get touched or moved when you close it, then try to do something about it chip a bit of the closing thing.

Of course a trip to the shop where you bought your ps3 might also work Wink
Sparda
I took a close inspection to the controller to see which part triggers this. I tried closing certain sides of the controller first to test this out. I found that something by the reset spot behind the controller triggers it. I had an idea, so I tried this. I took a piece of paper and stuck it in the crack of the controller where this problem is triggered. I was just taking a crack at it to see if it would work and sure enough it did. I'm plenty satisfied with this. Although it is better to have a controller with a piece of paper sticking out, but it's not that big of a paper. Thanks for the suggestion though.
newso
Sparda wrote:
I took a close inspection to the controller to see which part triggers this. I tried closing certain sides of the controller first to test this out. I found that something by the reset spot behind the controller triggers it. I had an idea, so I tried this. I took a piece of paper and stuck it in the crack of the controller where this problem is triggered. I was just taking a crack at it to see if it would work and sure enough it did. I'm plenty satisfied with this. Although it is better to have a controller with a piece of paper sticking out, but it's not that big of a paper. Thanks for the suggestion though.

lol i think that maybe you should buy a new controller lol. you cant sue playstation if you get a papercut lol. Its not their fault Razz
Sparda
newso wrote:
lol i think that maybe you should buy a new controller lol. you cant sue playstation if you get a papercut lol. Its not their fault Razz

I don't sue people for paper cuts or for anything else.. really. Anyway, I would buy a new controller if I had the money. I just don't want to waste a perfectly working controller just because it needs a paper sticking out of it.
newso
Sparda wrote:
newso wrote:

I don't sue people for paper cuts or for anything else.. really. Anyway, I would buy a new controller if I had the money. I just don't want to waste a perfectly working controller just because it needs a paper sticking out of it.

cant people take a joke. anyone can see that was a joke really. i wernt accusing you of doing that.
Fire Boar
Er... three lols in the sentence doesn't make a good joke. nlw is more like it (no laughs whatsoever).

Anyway, glad to hear your controller is working again. Sounds to me like something was shorting the reset switch, and the paper is stopping it. Daft design for the controller if that can happen, but hey. A working controller is better than a not working one.