FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my ex is over obessed

misterXY
my ex is currently in Alberta, we lived together & all but i came back to new Brunswick (all in Canada btw) and we broke up but shes pretty... suicidal... over me. she calls & all, like i cant find a new girl cause she is so involved with my friends its made me very uneasy. how do i get her un-me? Shocked
devotchka
Sorry you are going through this.

If she is still hanging on to you and won't let go you will have to cut off contact, quit answering her calls.
She will end up coming to terms with losing you.

It sucks, but that's life, it is better for both of you.
molif
u have to be harsh sometimes to move on.. but if she turns suicidal, well, i cant help u on that..
nivre
tell her that she, needs to trust you and you'll some space...not that ur breaking up....
and let her realize...

if she will,
sooner or later you'll miss what she was doing to you...
Coen
I can really add anything to what has already been said. Just make it clear to her that it's over. And if she turns suicidal because of that I would tell her to seek professional counsil.
apple
Hi, a relative of mine was going through something like that recently. She was no longer happy in the relationship and wanted out, the guy said if she left he'd kill himself cause his life is worth nothing if she is not in it.

She stayed and day after day passed it turned into months and finally she had enough and came to me about it.

I'll tell you exactly what I told her...
"if you stay you die..probably not a physical death but an emotional one. if you go he dies. you chose which is more important to you"

She left him and you know what? He's still alive and has learned to deal with his emotions and appreciate life.

My advice to you is to live your life for you and make sure you're happy. You only got one shot at life and I say make it count!
cavey
It's not your responability to keep her alive.
Do not stay with her to keep her from killing herself. That is just postponing the problem. For that to work, you will have to stay with her the rest of her life. And you have the right to be happy. And if you find another girl, she has no right to destroy this for you.

It is mean to make such a threat! And if she really means it, she needs a psychologist. Contact her parents (no matter how old she is) and let them deal with it. She should not but those burden on you.
supjapscrapper
this is one hell of a big problem you got to deal with there buddy.... the only solution I see is being an a***hole and quitting answering her aór interacting with common friends much...she'll understand that you don't wann have anything to do with her anymore..and hopefully don't kill herself. The other solution is to get a nother girl-friend and show her how you are happy with her, invite her together with other friends and try to find her someone that'll like her and help her get over you... I hope that helps buddy.
Hammy
Ya know, i'd like to remind you that this is a Free Hosting site.
People here arent to my knowledge 'experts' in this topic.

My point is, misterXY made a point that she's very depressed about the situation and is suisidal. Keep in mind when giving advice that your post cld cost someones life.

That goes for all topics as well.
apple
Hammy you are right with your comment. However, I am an expert and the comments I made were true and based on real situations I have encountered.
Coen
Hammy wrote:
Ya know, i'd like to remind you that this is a Free Hosting site.
People here arent to my knowledge 'experts' in this topic.

My point is, misterXY made a point that she's very depressed about the situation and is suisidal. Keep in mind when giving advice that your post cld cost someones life.

That goes for all topics as well.

People want advice so they get it. It is up to them to pick what they find usefull and ignore everything else. All posts are meant to help.
Hammy
Oh sure.. now im the bad guy :/

If u had nothing nice to say, dont sy anything at all.

How unfortunate for me that u are a proffessional apple... and thanks coen, but i did also state this was a free host... i wasnt just aiming it at the people who were giving the advice.

My ex has overdosed twice, drank her own bodyweight in alchohol, ran away from home twice, and slits her wrists.... Trust me it's not nice when someone does that, but i've always been there for her even when she didnt want me to be. Tbh, she wldnt be here today if i hadnt of been.
apple
hammy darling, I was not picking at you or anything. If my post has come over that way I apologize.