You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GMount ISO : Virtual Drive for Linux.

Gmount-iso is a small tool written using PyGTK and Glade. It allows you to easily mount your cd images. This is a frontend to the 'mount -o loop -t iso9660 foo.iso /mountpoint' command...

Convert your CDs and unprotected DVDs into “virtual CDs” — disc images that run directly on your hard drive, replacing physical discs and saving wear and tear on your CD-ROM drive. Share virtual CDs over a network, and enjoy access rates up to 200 times faster than physical CDs, boosting the performance of PC games, photo CDs, and disc-based applications. Play disc-based applications directly on your hard drive..

[COLOR="Blue"]Installation : - [/COLOR]

Open terminal From Main Menu - > Accessories -> Terminal and type the following commands ..
sudo apt-get install gmountiso

You can also install it from Synaptic Manager and from Add/Remove Programs..

Home Page : .:: CRANS : Cachan / RĂ©seau @ Normale Sup' ::.

gh0stface wrote:
Please use the quote tags if you are going to copy and past along with adding some content of your own about this program. Please re-read the rules and FAQs if you haven't already done so.
thanks for the share. it has been very useful. i have been using virtual drives on windows for many years and have not found a suitable one to use under linux. this will be a very useful tool to add to my windows to linux conversion list.
Studio Madcrow
This is frankly rather pointless, seeing as the normal mount command has no problems mounting ISO files...