FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Portable Drives

KatanaSky
I was at Best Buy today and was just browsing around and came across the drives aisle...

These portable drives caught my attention:

...portable drives by simpletech

Anyone here owns one ...or knows someone who has one? What do you/or they think of it?
Beth
KatanaSky - I have one of their older models designed by Pininfarina...pretty cool and sleek looking. I think this one's designed by the same firm. It's still running. I saw the new packaging and colors too. Love the food themed packaging. I think I want a cool mint. It comes with online backup too...not bad. Price isn't bad either!
KatanaSky
Beth wrote:
KatanaSky - I have one of their older models designed by Pininfarina...pretty cool and sleek looking. I think this one's designed by the same firm. It's still running. I saw the new packaging and colors too. Love the food themed packaging. I think I want a cool mint. It comes with online backup too...not bad. Price isn't bad either!

Thanks for the response - I don't really need it but it's something I have in my "wants" list just if and when i feel like buying something for me Very Happy

I like the cool mint too but I'd probably go for the cherry red or blueberry.
bigt
KatanaSky wrote:
I was at Best Buy today and was just browsing around and came across the drives aisle...

These portable drives caught my attention:

...portable drives by simpletech

Anyone here owns one ...or knows someone who has one? What do you/or they think of it?

I would probably go with a different model unless I wanted it to look good. You're paying for the cosmetics on this one. I would go for max capacity and maybe included software package over external appearance of the drive. You could always buy one of those external enclosures and supply the hard drive yourself.