FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


DVD start





Tony The Tiger
Sometimes I put in my DVD and then my phone rings and I miss the opening previews. Many DVDs do not seem to allow you to rewind to see them. Is there a way to get back to the previews in this case?
badai
eject and insert back the dvd.
Tony The Tiger
badai wrote:
eject and insert back the dvd.


My DVD player has some sort of memory that remembers where an ejected DVD left off.
ganesh
Before you eject, keep pressing the Stop button. This makes sure that the DVD is completely 'reset' and the player no longer remembers where it left off. This works in most players. Your mileage may vary!
Tony The Tiger
ganesh wrote:
Before you eject, keep pressing the Stop button. This makes sure that the DVD is completely 'reset' and the player no longer remembers where it left off. This works in most players. Your mileage may vary!


I am using the Hewlett Packard CD/DVD drive on my Pavillion DV9000T laptop. I will try it but I am not sure if it will work. I usually watch with HP Quick Play software. Now that I think about it though, I could open the DVD in another software program and see the previews from the beginning.
fadirocks
dude just use MPC
oh yea this package is awesome http://www.cccp-project.net
MeddlingMonk
Some DVDs players (not computers) have a "Resume" function and require you to press the stop button twice to clear the resume setting. On a PC, it depends what software you are using to view the DVD. I suggest having a look in the configuration/settings option to see if there is a resume option (for example, on PowerDVD, if you put in a disc you've already watched, it comes up with an option to resume either from the last scene viewed or from the start of the disc).
Tony The Tiger
MeddlingMonk wrote:
Some DVDs players (not computers) have a "Resume" function and require you to press the stop button twice to clear the resume setting. On a PC, it depends what software you are using to view the DVD. I suggest having a look in the configuration/settings option to see if there is a resume option (for example, on PowerDVD, if you put in a disc you've already watched, it comes up with an option to resume either from the last scene viewed or from the start of the disc).


I have been using the Hewlett Packard Quick Play software. I think if it is software dependent, if I opened up the DVD in Microsoft Windows Media Player, I could restart from the beginning now that I think about it more clearly.
ForceRun
Never use the HP programs that come preinstalled there is much better software out there. I use VLC for almost everything I watch. You will be very hard press to find a movie that VLC can't play.
Tony The Tiger
ForceRun wrote:
Never use the HP programs that come preinstalled there is much better software out there. I use VLC for almost everything I watch. You will be very hard press to find a movie that VLC can't play.


What is VLC. I prefer HP quickplay to most video players because it has a speed button that allows me to play DVDs at 1.2x or 1.4x speed to save time. The enjoyment is almost identical to 1x and it saves me time quite often.

P.S. I assume when you say "you won't find a movie that VLC can't play", it will play HD, Blue Ray and all formats from Blockbuster. Does this mean it will also play all file types such as .avi, .mov, .mpg, etc.
ftv_flung
VLC Media Player is awesome for when you can't (for any reason) play a media file.

It can pretty much play any media file.

It's always worth trying!

Good luck, Tony

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Tony The Tiger
ftv_flung wrote:
VLC Media Player is awesome for when you can't (for any reason) play a media file.


So it plays thing that won't play in other players. O.K.
ForceRun
I use a few different media players, VLC is the top one because it doesn't require codics to be installed. I also use Windows Media Player 11 when I'm feeling Lazy, or Nero Showtime to watch some HD stuff.
Tony The Tiger
ForceRun wrote:
I use a few different media players, VLC is the top one because it doesn't require codics to be installed. I also use Windows Media Player 11 when I'm feeling Lazy, or Nero Showtime to watch some HD stuff.


So it plays things that other players only play after finding the right codec, if I am understanding you correctly.
Tony The Tiger
ForceRun wrote:
I use a few different media players, VLC is the top one because it doesn't require codics to be installed. I also use Windows Media Player 11 when I'm feeling Lazy, or Nero Showtime to watch some HD stuff.


I have installed VLC and tried to play several files that I don't have the proper codecs for and I am still unable to play them.
Related topics
All-In-One convert, author and burn AVI/DivX/Xvid/DV to DVD
CD/DVD suspciously stops working
How to make DVD's with Menu's using NeroVision
dvd writer problem
HP Laptop DVD remote
DVD/CD Driver problems
something wrong with DVD-rom
DVD Verbatim
Convert any video, DVD, Youtube clips to iPod, PSP, Zune
Sync Subtitles and Add To DVD
Fantasy DVD player.
Share : how to convert dvd and video to zune
dvd burner question
How to Rip Convert DVD Movie to Blackberry Storm
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Hardware and Electronics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.