FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ok so im wanting to make money from my site please help me

andy26
Okay so iv had my website for a while and its had 3 majour updates in design in the past, i often get a few hits to it every now and then but people dont stay how can i get them to stay longer, would i have to creat a user database of somesort and offer better featuers on login, anyway here is my web address please help me if you can. www.andysserver.frih.net
GB
Well, I think to start, you need some more original content. You say no one stay or come back, perhaps it is because they are looking for your website to solve their problems. Discovering these problems and solving them is what you need to do as webmaster. Do they need entertainment? Give them some original content. Do they want to talk about something important to them? Promote what they're wanting more information on.

Right now I don't think there is enough content. Much of it is only available to IE users (games section). The movies section looks like something is coded incorrectly.

So that's where I'd start if you're looking to make money with this website. I don't think an user database will help much at this point, but you can try if you want.

Other options for making money online might include doing something like designing tee-shirts for zazzle.com or making something you can sell. Perhaps doing websites for other people? Also, check out the advertising section for more information on making money with advertising.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your aspirations.
andy26
Thanks im going to do all i can to stick to your advice i think i will get around to making the games available for all and im going to get hold of some video content too im also thinking of buying a domain the only thing is to think of what i could call it?
andy26
iv just been looking zazzle.com and i think im gonna creat some designs and see how i do with them Smile

Also how do you go into making websites for people thats something if wanted to do for awhile?
{name here}
andy26 wrote:
Okay so iv had my website for a while and its had 3 majour updates in design in the past, i often get a few hits to it every now and then but people dont stay how can i get them to stay longer, would i have to creat a user database of somesort and offer better featuers on login, anyway here is my web address please help me if you can. www.andysserver.frih.net

Overall, you need a better web design with less "bad" things on it (counters, generic search bars, excess gradients, colour schemes, et cetera). You make a good web design, and you've got one step done.

But before all of that, you must first ask yourself: What will my site do that other sites won't? What makes my site unique enough for people to want to come to it? If you can answer those questions and make a good definite plan with unique content on it, you've got the very first step. Then focus more on making a good web design, then start advertising your site on newsgroups, chatrooms, et cetera. Having your friends come as part of the initial community can help a lot, since you can start a pyramid scheme to have new users.
Elefant
Well, as of right now, I think the color scheme should be changed. The black text on blue background isn't working for the music player.

Just fancy it up a bit now, you've got the layout. Also maybe get rid of the sides on the main page.
misterXY
gibbson keylogger....? Rolling Eyes