FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music writer/recorder

WebKitten

Is there any program or a device that would help me record my music?
For example, I play a piano, can I preset the microphone onto a PC and record what I play...
chartcentral
Hi, there are couple programs out there. If you want to pay for it, try Adobe Audition 3. If your piano has a MIDI outlet, then that's even greater because the PC will be able to record exactly what you have keyed in.
Helios
Adobe Audition is a GREAT program. I use it all the time.
Although I've yet to use the 3rd version, I'm sure it's great, because the 2nd one is.

You can also record using a simpler program called Cool Edit Pro, which is actually a previous version of Audition.
deStructuralized
If you just want to work with the piano & you already microphone then all you really need is
(1) proper mic placement, over the hammer & strings...preferably in a quiet room
(2) maybe a preamp
(3) any program with a record function

KRYSTAL Audio Engine is a decent free recording prog
I do a bit more sequencing and use ACID Pro 6 to that end, you can hear some of what I do with that here

Now if you want to add synthetic elements or play around with MIDI...
FL Studio, formerly called Fruity Loops, might be a good deal if you have money to spend, but not too much. Comes with a lot of cool plugins. Sequencer's not that great though, so there's a tradeoff.

Cubase is a great all around host with a ton of compatible plugins.

Really my recommendation is to just try out a bunch of different programs and see which one works best with your thought process.
catscratches
Audacity is really good and completely free (Open-Source). http://audacity.sourceforge.net
WebKitten
You guys Are AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!!!! Exclamation :X