FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Canada.

misterXY
need i say more eh? Shocked
teko
well yes you could develop your point a bit! Smile
Afaceinthematrix
I've been to Canada once. I loved it there.
teko
I΄ve been there once and would like to go back myself only problem there is too much to see
juanherrera
I live there... it's not too shabby!
gandalfthegrey
What's this aboot?
ddoonie
I live in Canada as well, and there is much to see. Only problem is it costs just as much for me to fly to england as it does to fly across my own country!!

I definitely want to see the east coast, beautiful green islands with the ability to surf... Montreal is beautiful, i would say it is the 'europe' of canada. Toronto, many things to do and see. British Columbia, beautiful as well. Prairies, hehe i have no real inclination to make a trip there.
Derek_Nicolas
So close, and yet so far.
deanhills
Whistler in Vancouver has the most fantastic skiing opportunities during the winter months and during summer it is just a nice place to hang out with plenty of parties and clubs at night.

Vancouver Island is spectacular and Victoria is a must. There is a Ferry that leaves Mainland Vancouver at regular intervals and some wonderful sightseeing is to be had en route as it navigates through some of the islands en route to Vancouver Island. Victoria houses the Government buildings, one of the most interesting museums in Northern America, and also a Wax Museum that is as good as the one in London. There are also some beautiful gardens to look at. Possibly this is more for people who like it peaceful, Whistler for people who like to party, and Victoria for people who prefer things a little more quiet as well as have the rest of Vancouver Island to explore.

There is the opportunity of a train ride from Vancouver to Toronto and stopping at key places of interest including Banff and Lake Louise in Alberta. Picture below shows Lake Louise and the Victoria Glacier in Alberta. Lake Louise is directly North from Calgary:

shamurokku
gandalfthegrey wrote:
What's this aboot?

I don’t get it.
Just kiddin,’
eh.
deanhills
ddoonie wrote:
I live in Canada as well, and there is much to see. Only problem is it costs just as much for me to fly to england as it does to fly across my own country!!

I definitely want to see the east coast, beautiful green islands with the ability to surf... Montreal is beautiful, i would say it is the 'europe' of canada. Toronto, many things to do and see. British Columbia, beautiful as well. Prairies, hehe i have no real inclination to make a trip there.

I agree on this one. I am working on contract outside Canada presently, but while I was in Vancouver, it was cheaper to go for a holiday overseas than to fly to Toronto. I still have to make my way to Montreal and Quebec City. Hopefully one day.

Having said that, Vancouver is just that fantastic that there was always something to do, you do not really have to travel further. Hence why there are always tourists there. If you want to ski you can go up to Whistler. If you want to dive, plenty of diving to be had up Sunshine Coast. If you want to fish, climb mountains, bike, about every possible sport under the sun is covered. For those who are less energetic there is Stanley Park for walking, birding, having picnics in.

Hopefully one day I can do a proper tour of the provinces along the east coast. Particularly interested in Nova Scotia, Montreal and Quebec City. For those who would like a good overview there is a fantastic Imax show at Epcot Centre in Orlando. Almost like a virtual show and the closest to the real thing.
DirectorioLGBT
Hi! I would like to go to Canada in 2010... as au-pair.

Which town or city do you recomend me to stay? If you speak French more than English there, would be greater!! Very Happy
Dean_The_Great
DirectorioLGBT wrote:
Hi! I would like to go to Canada in 2010... as au-pair.

Which town or city do you recomend me to stay? If you speak French more than English there, would be greater!! Very Happy

Then you need to go to Quebec or New Brunswick. But there is more to see and do in Quebec and there is a lot of really interesting architecture and history, if you're in to that sort of thing. If you want a place that's bilingual, stick to major cities like Montreal and Quebec City, outside of that (particularly the farther you go north) the french saturation gets much higher.
gtoroap
I started to creat a folder with the requirements to request a resident visa to Canada. So, if anyone can send an aditional info, that would be appreciated.
Bluedoll
When I think of Canada I think of forests, native people, Terry Fox, human rights, and a lot of smiling faces.
kitsrock
go Canada!

BC is awesome. it is one of those rare places where you can hike, ski, and windsurf on the same day, given your body lets you. also, Vancouver is characterized by the quiet and peaceful neighborhoods, (at least it was back 3 years ago when I lived there) along with lots of old people. Oh, can't forget the Rockies and Whistler.

Right now, I live in Montreal, and it's an entirely different experience. The city is a lot more lively, and has a stronger character. People are busier, and Quebecqois aren't exactly friendly to English speakers. But all in all, it's a beautiful city. Oh, can't forget the poutines.
finekiss
Canada is currently accepting immigration forms, if anyone is considering to immigrate and get
a decent work Canada is the place.
I personally applied under "Selection certficate category".
Enjoy also reading about canada, pople there are nice and welcome new immigrants.
Try it.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
freeshann
Depending on your age... and the country you are from you can also get 1 year working holiday visas... I think most of the commonwealth countries are in on this deal.
My husband and I went to Canada a couple of years ago on the 1 year visa, but stayed for just about 2, it was great. They extended our visas, I dont know if this is easy normally, there seemed to be some kind of mixup with ours and they let us stay longer, so that was cool.
Anyway, we lived in Vancouver, downtown in Coal Harbour (and now have a son called Cole, named after is) It was awesome living there, not only is Vancovuer itself great fun, but we were only 20 minutes from Cypress, so we would go snowboarding after work most nights over winter, and it's only a couple of hours from Seattle, so we would go on some sort of American road trip every month.
Coming from New Zealand, where the only way to get to another country is across water, it was so exciting to be able to drive to America for the day! And the roads are so big and fast, we drove to San Francisco in a long weekend, Alaska in another, and Idaho in another!
Like other people have mentioned getting across the country is a big deal with that boring Prarie stuff in the middle, and undofrtunately we never got to the other side. (Got pregnant... came home!) But we got as far as Calgary.. is Edmonton further east? anyway we did both of those... but we are defianately dying to go back some day and discover more and more of the awesome country.

If anyone is heading to Vancouver and looking for a good church to go to. C3V is awesome.
Smile
AFriedman
I have been to Canada and the Canadian Rockies and the Pacific Northwest are AWESOME!
chasbeen
It's my adopted country having lived here 6 or 7 years now. I got the citizenship so I am UK citizen and Canadian now.

Pros of Canada
It's fun with lots to do.
Cons
Careful driving in the winter. Wait until the roads are cleared of ice or face the tyranny I did this year.
airh3ad
I hear canada need thousand skilled worker in the news , im intereste can anyone help me to work canada?
la_Duchess
Canada... What a beautiful county it is. It's vast and not heavily populated. The rich country side is breathtaking. It's not all snow and igloos like some believe. lol.. Well maybe way up in the Yukon territories or somewhere way up there.

Ottawa is the National Capital. There is lot's to see and do. The Ottawa river is very exciting and beautiful. White water rafting is the sport there. It's a blast! Hiking, camping, canoeing and so much more. This is the river that the Niagara waterway flows into.

Niagara is also very beautiful. The Niagara falls area is breathtaking. It's one of the 7 wonders of the world. It's fun to see in the summer and in the winter months. The ice in the winter that build up from the mist is facinating. This is a must see.

Niagara on the lake is a 30 minute drive from the falls. This is a beautiful little town nesteled on the edge of Lake Ontario. It is one of the prettiest city in Ontario in my book. The area is rich in culture and history. There are an abundance of local wineries too. Love that! A perfect day is to go on a few wine tours and then do shopping in the very quaint town,, then nestle up in your bed and breakfast that are scattered all over the area. This is also a must for tourist.

I have many more sites I can let you in on but I must go for now. I'll be back with some more though.