FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A big project with big meaning.

how do u feel on this?
sounds good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
needs more work but right idea
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
stupid
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
wats a website?
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
show me the money. [results]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

misterXY
Alright. Suggestion it is, but i will ramble so please correct in any shape or form!

since this site has been around, i notice theres alot of dropies (word i use for single time users or people who are fussy and can't wait to be looked at, my first time applying for hosting was like 75posts and a week in, waited something like two weeks to get turned down bu second time around i came back with like 140 and waited less then a week and was accepted)

Alright there will be alot of real users who actually participate in this community and i think what would be fun if those who do have a host on here, such as me, but i think 250mb is alot of room for a one gig bandwith.

instead, why not create a whole site just like donating our share (lets say 50mbs each or ^ ) and either create a entire project up to a cause (Aids(not my type of java though), breast cancer, red cross, the group that wants human rights and many more) and like host a site to help them?

like heres my mathematical design of evil genius that possible cannot go wrong
A) one hundred uses donate 50mbs each, some volunteers code it etc and make a pretty design or a sierous topic. we post out some kind of blog or somewhat of the idea. and help spread there message

design of evil genius that cannot possibly go wrong B)
B)im out of ideas but there has to be someone out there who has a good thought.

why do this?
help others, donating, charity and deep down, it's just as good as money i think.

also, create some kind of way to link the site to there donation collection?

please expand on this idea & don't post stupid things like lets donate to linux or something, cause when was the last time linux actually saved our live? i do believe in creating a fund to put bill gates and steve jobs in a close off collisuem with weapons are either dual with "swords" wheat, or lube lol Twisted Evil

1st 5pt Topic Earned Very Happy
AftershockVibe
The problem with this is that all the charities you mention have loads of charities, all of which already have websites where donating is easy.

Besides, the website part is the easy bit. The hard part is the get money from A to B part.
misterXY
AftershockVibe wrote:
The problem with this is that all the charities you mention have loads of charities, all of which already have websites where donating is easy.

Besides, the website part is the easy bit. The hard part is the get money from A to B part.

i was just naming sites. uinno just some idea. Shocked
LukeakaDanish
misterXY wrote:
don't post stupid things like lets donate to linux or something

Donate to linux!

For every child that gets a OLPC computer (with linux) the world is a 0.001% better place. (scientific fact)

Also...donate to linux!

(srsly though, if there's one charity you should donate to its the OLPC project.)

Voted "Wats a website"
misterXY
LukeakaDanish wrote:
misterXY wrote:
don't post stupid things like lets donate to linux or something

Donate to linux!

For every child that gets a OLPC computer (with linux) the world is a 0.001% better place. (scientific fact)

Also...donate to linux!

(srsly though, if there's one charity you should donate to its the OLPC project.)

Voted "Wats a website"

Linux is awesome, im not big on the OLPC project but im also not saying, hey don't Razz. just an idea though that be fun to start up
ocalhoun
The whole 'each user donates 50mb' thing is a little useless. Any worthwhile charity should be able to get webspace easily. I pay $10 per year for 700+ GB of webspace. Thats PER YEAR for GIGABYTES! If your charity can't manage $10 a year of donations, it probably isn't big enough to need a huge website anyway.
misterXY
was just a suggestion. Shocked
Wolf1918
ocalhoun wrote:
I pay $10 per year for 700+ GB of webspace. Thats PER YEAR for GIGABYTES! If your charity can't manage $10 a year of donations, it probably isn't big enough to need a huge website anyway.

$10.00 Per Year for 700+ GB of webspace?!?!? Please tell me where!!! I need a deal like that!

Chad