FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question for users-ages 12~16. The purpose of your site?

Guelila
Hello.
I've noticed that alot of us, including me, and teens.
I was wondering what is the purpose of you making your site.
As fo me, I make money through internet, and my site is to help others and me in investing.

I wanna know your purposes. Very Happy
Monkeydog
Well Monkey Productions is mainly for RM2K/2K3 users,allowing others to help out on their games and to showcase their game.

I don't know if I would try and make money off it...it can be a smart idea but =/
Guelila
Cool.
Well, Im kinda new to websites and got lots to learn~!
yjwong
I need a fast webhost for hosting the project sites and other webpages I made... I remember at one time I presented my project through the school server, I had to tell the audience to wait and say that the school server is slow all over and over again. After I hosted my website here, this problem never occured again.
Boles Roor
I have a page, but I don't have any use for it anymore. I was planning on something graphical but then my PC broke down, and now I can't do anything anymore. Exept for browsing and chatting ><. Right now the only thing that is online is my template that I wanted to use, which I gave to a friend to use :p .

No use for mine, untillI get my new PC so I can go about and play again. :'(
jaleung
Typical use:personal homepage Smile
Dreamer
I use my site for writings/artworks and some graphics. Also going to put my blog there... and the forum is for people to go and make friends and chat.

I make sites to meet people and get people to come together and have fun. I used to have this graphic/design site, but then I realized that having a site like that doesn't get you to talk to a lot of people (since I didn't have a forum with it)... So.... I decided to make an artwork site where people can talk and also use their talents to make the site better. ^^
LuiS_J
well to chill out... meet latin people and stuff like that....and to put the new genre of music call REGGAETON ..... Very Happy Very Happy
jmeirinhos
I would like to make a site of cell phones and informatics, hardware and software Laughing
havoque
my site (not hosted here YET, but I hope it will be) is a teen webzine for mostly alternative girls. It's called "havoque" and...yeah, my screename is original XD

a link for it can be found at

http://www.freewebs.com/havoque/

but its not completely updated :\
lockwolf
Mine is just a general community site that really hasnt got much yet but I am trying to add new content all the time.
jlbribeiro
The main purpose I have my site is to host some stuff, make my forum so me and my friends chat, make a chat, host my online radios, host some flash and dhtml games and to learn about programming, because I'm improving my site right now. I've not hosted my new content yet. I'm thinking of making a blog too, but...
Scott
My site has a lot to do with "old-school" video games, which is just a bit of a passion for me, I hope somehow with my site can help preserve these games.
psycosquirrel
I'm 17, but I'm still a teenager, so I guess this topic applies to me...

My site is mainly for my collective works; games, Counter Strike maps, and just to have something to show off about Very Happy
jmeirinhos
psycosquirrel wrote:

My site is mainly for my collective works; games, Counter Strike maps, and just to have something to show off about Very Happy

[offtopic]
I was cheking your site and it is very cool.

Nice work man.

But that thing of .tk is a little bit stupid.

PS: Do you play just cs or other type of games ? [/offtopic]
zrule
Im not hosted at this time. but I will use for improving my php skills.
Cant wait till hosted. I'll be a skilled php programmer. Very Happy
Dimaod
I am using my webhost for page of my clan in Territory game...
snowboardalliance
whenever I stop being lazy, my site is about snowboarding with pictures and some video of me and my friends.
golles
Guelila wrote:
Cool.
Well, Im kinda new to websites and got lots to learn~!

good luck with it, you will notice that it isn't that difficult!
download lots of templates and totaly change them (also download templates with style sheets (CSS) If you once see it, then you will make good sites, really)
Antoine_935
my website is about my ( soon 2 ) project : PHTP (and soon SX-Watchdog)
both are open-source GNU/GPL software.
PHTP is a web-based FTP client written in PHP, so that you can implement it on distant servers.
SX-watchdog will help you to easilly follow the curse of a share in the stock exchange
Guelila
psycosquirrel wrote:

Dude, I love your site!
I love those CS Sprites!!
Good Job.
Guelila
golles wrote:
download lots of templates and totaly change them (also download templates with style sheets (CSS) If you once see it, then you will make good sites, really)

What are style sheets (CSS)?
Antwon
My purpose is to practice my PHP and MySQL so when I hook up my server I can make my free online text-based role-playing game in a flash. Of course now, Frihost.net will definently be in the credits! Athanks to the server sharing kindness! Huzzah!

~Antwon
dan751
What is the purpose of my site? Hmm.. Well, it's basically a site about me and my life, I have a weblog too as part of it. A lot of people say that my site is pretty cool. but I'm constantly working on it, constantly trying to improve it..Smile I am, however, going to create a forum very soon for a clan I'm making for Xbox360. So, yea, my site is basically my spot on the web.Very Happy
psycosquirrel
jmeirinhos wrote:
psycosquirrel wrote:

[offtopic]
I was cheking your site and it is very cool.

Nice work man.

But that thing of .tk is a little bit stupid.

PS: Do you play just cs or other type of games ? [/offtopic]

Mainly CS, I run Cross Country and am in 2 AP classes, so I do not have time to do much. I have a .tk redirector because http://psycosquirrel.frihost.net is harder to remember than www.psycosquirrel.tk... I may get a .com if my site is a big success; the .tk redirector alone detects an average of 90 unique hits a day, not bad considering my site is a month old. Thanks for the compliments Very Happy
Daniel15
I'm 15 years old, and I have three websites:

- DanSoft Australia has all the software that I write (in Visual Basic). It also has SMFShop (which I write as well Smile)
- Stickboarder has Flash movies that my friends and I make.
- Daniel's Stuff has other miscellaneous stuff

Quote:
PHTP is a web-based FTP client written in PHP, so that you can implement it on distant servers.

Yet another one of these types of scripts???
warriordude
i am also 15
i have 2 site`s

but i mostly like this one http://www.warriordudes.tk
its dutch so most of you wont understand it
but the lay out is cool
LostOverThere
Well, I make my own freeware games, so my site is basically abot my games.
lockwolf
Most likely, when I get back from oregon on monday, I will add some pics from when I went to the skate park down there.
PatTheGreat42
I have a site because I'm Pat The Great, and everybody needs to know that.

And my friend tako thinks I'm the bomb, too.
gonzo
havoque wrote:
alternative girls

:snicker:
ashen
I just use my site to host some anime and game related fanlistings, also my own project like artworks, stories, etc...
monty
Hi i m inviting teen agers to join my upcoming new forum for teens!
What do u say.

also there I will need Moderators.
PM me if interested.
Monkeydog
Guelila wrote:
golles wrote:

What are style sheets (CSS)?

CSS are cascading style sheets.There are tutorials about them on, http://htmlgoodies.com and http://htmldogs.com .
It helps a lot when you want to make a nice clean looking site.
mathieu.e
I've 20 years old and you?
James007
You have just kicked an ancient topic. Please don't.
-close-