FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Changing Fonts

kicy
I got a computer that doesn't have a monitor and I only use it with my tv, unfortunatly its looking pretty ugly on my tv, some fonts are too small and some stuff i cant read and I really want it to look like my 360 (on the xbox you can read everything and its clear) . So does anyone know good software or settings I can use to remedy this? I would really appreciate it. Maybe some kind of frontend?
crdowner
Have you tried Microsoft's ClearType Tuner? It may help some. The link to the online tuner is provided below:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step1.aspx
kicy
So far I was able to change the font for everything (right click menu, caption, ect) but normal text which is odd.

I'm using something called Aston Desktop, You can change the size of a lot of the buttons on there so thats what I'm using for now.

Thanks for the help with the cleartype, it doesn't change the size though.
crdowner
Did you try using the built-in Windows settings? Just right-click a blank area of your Windows desktop. Click on the Appearance tab. If you want to change all fonts at once, change the Font Size field from Normal to Large or Extra Large. If you would ratther change individual areas, click Advanced. Click on what you want to change and then make adjustments at the bottom of the screen. You can also select items manually from the Item dropdown list.
kicy
Yea thats what I tried I was able to resize all sorts of fonts but the normal font you usually see. like this text for example or the names of files on the desktop.