FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can you use animated gifs as desktop backgrounds? :?:

Can you use animated gifs as desktop backgrounds?
yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
unsure
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

MarzEz
hey guys. do you know if you can set an animated gif as a desktop backgrounds?
i really want to know.
thanks heaps.
ZenFountain
I can on XP (just tried), but they are laggy and pixelated.
MarzEz
thx 4 the info.
Very Happy
Nameless
Wouldn't it have just been quicker to ... try it yourself?
hlavco
Small gifs tiled on the background look pretty crazy.

Last year my friend made one that took up the whole screen, but only changed every five minutes or so. It was the same picture, but tinted a different color each time, so if you didn't see the change you'd think your mind was playing tricks on you. "Wasn't that blue just a minute ago? Nahh...."
hunnyhiteshseth
Yes you can do so.
cloudship
yes, but maybe it is not a good idea to do that. I once use an animated waterfall picture as my background. It was samll in size, and did not look good when I zoom it into the destop's size. Then I just reproduced it to fill my desktop. The scene war horrible. It looked like the whole screen is moving and blinking to me, which made me unable to focus on my own job I's doing that time. And for a very short period, I felt dizzy and shut the computer down.

And I know you can even set a certain webpage as your desktop. you can give a shot, too.
newso
yes you can. but one it looks a mess and two it does possibly slow down the computer as its looping. Im not sure on that though so dont take my word for it.
applejunk
lol nameless. hahaha. i agree though, wouldn't it have been quicker to try it out yourself? hahaha, not trying to say your way is wrong xD
J-Evil
Yeah, you can have animated GIF's as a desktop wallpaper, but they tend to get annoying after a bit IMO lol.
rvec
ok answer given
-close-
@hlavco going to try that Razz