FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

submit email to an email address

TurtleShell
I need to design a text box into which a user can type in their email address, click the "submit" button, and the email address will be forwarded on to my pal Bob, who will be adding the email addresses to a listserv. I know how to write the html, but what's the simplest scripting language to execute the data transfer? Bob would like to receive this information in the form of an email.
escritor
If you cannot program a script, you may use this site to redirect the info typed by a user in a form on your own site to Bob's email: http://services.infinitefx.co.uk/

[its services] are all FREE and currently ADVERTISEMENT FREE!!
cavey
Since you are asking for a scripting language, and not code, I can recommend php. Take a look at the mail()-function on their online manual: http://php.net/mail
escritor
cavey wrote:
Since you are asking for a scripting language, and not code, I can recommend php. Take a look at the mail()-function on their online manual: http://php.net/mail

I'm afraid it is too much complex for TurtleShell...
cavey
Why?
TurtleShell says nothing about what she is or is not capable of to learn.
escritor
cavey wrote:
Why?

TurtleShell knows only HTML (at least the first post in this thread says so). I'm sure he/she is capable to learn everything he/she wants to, however, in my humble opinion, programming a form-to-email script is not a good way to start learning a scripting language such as PHP. Well, you could recommend a basics tutorial before. Smile

Besides that, there are all those security elements to study first.
Akito
escritor wrote:
cavey wrote:
Why?

TurtleShell knows only HTML (at least the first post in this thread says so). I'm sure he/she is capable to learn everything he/she wants to, however, in my humble opinion, programming a form-to-email script is not a good way to start learning a scripting language such as PHP. Well, you could recommend a basics tutorial before. Smile

Besides that, there are all those security elements to study first.

Always a good answer from him.

Why not use the site from the other member? Coding it from scratch would take a while.
escritor
Akito wrote:
Always a good answer from him.

Why not use the site from the other member? Coding it from scratch would take a while.

Hehe, thank you. By the way, I was the other member who pasted that free form-to-mail service. I used it in my former site and I liked much it.
flatliner
TurtleShell wrote:
I need to design a text box into which a user can type in their email address, click the "submit" button, and the email address will be forwarded on to my pal Bob, who will be adding the email addresses to a listserv. I know how to write the html, but what's the simplest scripting language to execute the data transfer? Bob would like to receive this information in the form of an email.

If your willing to learn php it would be very beneficial for you in the future and would fix your problem now, but I would have to agree with some of the posters above that you probably shouldn't start learning php by programming a e-mail sending form. Although it is actually very easy, but still.