FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ATI x300 update?

hofodomo01
I am currently using an ATI x300 video card (dxdiag info) on my laptop. Just for the record, I've reinstalled windows on my computer about 2 times over the course of 2 years (i've used and am using windows xp).

That being said, I remember that I had once downloaded an update for my video card (this was about a year ago, and I had since reinstalled windows once). As you can see, the original card supports 64MB of video memory. The update that I downloaded allowed me to use about 200MB+ of video memory (perhaps a hypermemory device update? I have no clue)

But anyways, I forget which update it was that I downloaded. I searched google for several ATI x300 updates, but none of them provide me with an extended video memory. Perhaps the update I downloaded was a windows update...I really don't remember.

But if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about, and can help a little, I appreciate it.[/url]
Den_Admin
I you want to know which graphic card you realy have,
download PC Wizard 2008 first (freeware) and then go to the site of ATi ,
find your video card and download the latest drivers...

And I don't think that you can create more place on your cideo card with software,
unless it is virtual memory of course. Razz
hofodomo01
Virtual memory? Hmm..elaborate please? Because I remember last time I "updated" something, the increase to the video memory wasn't a standard amount (i.e. 64mb, 128mb)...instead, I ended up with something like, 238mb of texture memory (or something weird like that).
Den_Admin
Read this topic
hofodomo01
Hmm...any idea how i would incorporate this into my own system?