FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scotland

redace
I have never been to Scotland, but it seems that my life will take me there soon. So I have started this topic to learn something new and interesting. If you are willing to write something, you are welcomed.
palavra
Scotland reminds me beautiful scenes of highlands in the ( Mel Gibson) Braveheart movie.
escritor
I would love to stay overnight in a castle in Scotland. It would be amazing.
takashiro
I've never been there but I really want to visit Scotland. Very Happy It's heard that it's a beautiful place and people there are serious but kind. Surprised
escritor
Hey, friends! I think that all of you will like this site as much as I do: Gazetteer for Scotland. It's already the largest Scottish resource available on the web. Smile

Quote:
The Gazetteer for Scotland is a vast geographical encyclopaedia, featuring details of towns, villages, bens and glens from the Scottish Borders to the Northern Isles.
Georgeboy
Scotland is really on my list of regions to visit. The history of the castles, the tasting of real whisky, the typical music... But you have to keep in mind that during your holiday it could rain quite hard.
escritor
I don't mind. I like the rain. Smile
Georgeboy
Ooh yes, rain could be very refreshing. It creates a nice smell in nature... Smile But nevertheless I don't like rain on holiday during the day. If you're walking, you get cold, you get wet, you want to go back to the hotel or you have to stay inside. So give me the sun please when I'm coming to Scotland !! Wink
canassassin
I would love to go to scotland to see all the castles and such. Once i was in a camp in deutschland(germany), and there were some people from scotland there. I am from canada, but anyway they were really nice. It was funny though cause they named me cowboy lol. So for a weeklong camp i was known as cowboy. Anyway, scotland is near the top of my list of places to go. Already been to germany, switzerland, and austria.
escritor
^Have you been in any German castle? Rolling Eyes
wellerchap
Scotland has lots of real beautiful scenery, but some of the towns/cities are run down & poor in places. There is high unemployment in these areas too.
Edinburgh is a brilliant city, but the mountainous areas like Skye, the Highlands and Cairngorm regions are super....definitely worth a visit, but do a bit of research before going, so you don't waste time while you're there looking for places to visit/things to do.
canassassin
Yah i was in a German castle.
I can't remember the name of it, or the name of the town, but it was really cool.
The castle was like a 30 minut walk up the side of a mountain. It was so amazing.
The view was fantastic, and there was also a suspention bridge looking a few hundred feet straight down. There was a guided tour throughout most of the castle aswell, and they explained most of the things in it. Very cool, if you ever get a chance you should take it.
escritor
canassassin wrote:
Very cool, if you ever get a chance you should take it.

I will. Very Happy That's amazing. I'm glad because you could do that!!!
gcaughill
Since I am part Scottish, I would love to visit there as well to see some of the old castles, and check out the areas where clan MacCloud is from.

I have had lots of friends visit there and they all loved it.

I wonder what the current air fare to Scotland is....
Futumuch
The best thing about Scotland is the people. Very welcoming and like to chat. I was once working in Edinburgh and ended up going out for a night with a group of people that I met in thier local pub. It was a great night and they were all really friendly - even though I'm English! There not very good at football though(!)
slashnburn99
Scotland is a great place

We play golf each year and travel the UK

Always happy when its time to go to Scotland
Kopernikus
Its been a long time since Ive visited scotland...

Edinburgh castle is definetely worth a visit. There are two very different parts: the highlands (stark, the typical rough country) and the lowlands (old, cultured, history dripping out of every stone).

So, you can pick and choose, whether you want to enjoy solitude or like raucios party Smile
deanhills
I have some good friends from Scotland, think you will be in very good company. Which city will you be moving to?
bmcbryan
redace wrote:
I have never been to Scotland, but it seems that my life will take me there soon. So I have started this topic to learn something new and interesting. If you are willing to write something, you are welcomed.

It's a great country. Try to get up to the Highlands or even out to the Islands like Skye. The people are very friendly, and prices are reasonable. The food is quite traditional in most places, but they have excellent confectionary and good fish are always in abundance.
Kopernikus
bmcbryan wrote:
redace wrote:

It's a great country. Try to get up to the Highlands or even out to the Islands like Skye. The people are very friendly, and prices are reasonable. The food is quite traditional in most places, but they have excellent confectionary and good fish are always in abundance.

and you dont even have to swim over to the island nowadays Smile <gd&r>