FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Login with dreamweaver

Chris24
I am semi new to using Dreamweaver and was wondering if there was a way to set up a login with dreamweacer to keep certain pages non viewable from someone who is not registered and logged in
Relentless
ok. as you know dreamweaver is a programme and confused me when i read "Login with dreamweaver" Thought you ment log into the server with dreamweaver (which is possibe)

You mean hidding webpages from visiters which are not authorised to view the pages?

E.G USERNAME and PASSWORD

if so there are to ways to do this.

1st way: Using directory protect (meaning anybody who tries to access www.yourdomain.com/secret or folders behond that will be prompted for a username & password)

2nd way: Using PHP and MYSQL ( meaning complicated )

now the first way is what i do all the time and is also to easiest... Click here to see what I mean by directory protect i made it for my GF so click log in...

If this is what you require then reply back...

Or other wise for option 2 please post in Php and MySQL

Dan...
Chris24
thank you for the reply, I guess I will post in the php mysql section then. I have the site hosted as a subdomain on my frih account but want to move it to my home server but there are restrictions on my broadband unless I use a re-direct, but I can only do that using dreamweaver. Couldn't figure out how to do it with php & sql
swapnilsarwe
Hey Relentless,

buddy Im looking for the similar stuff for some of my directories on my website. where in people wont be able to go directly and shoud be prompting for username and pasword.
Can you please guide me.

I have read somewhere its about some file named .htaccess but neeed more light on it. W8ing for your reply.
Regards,
Relentless
Hey swapnilsarwe,

yes it is possible to use .htaccess

But to be honest cannot quote the script to put in it for directory protecting...

If you are using DA(Direct Admin) or CP(Control Pannel) I can help you...

You need to password protect the folder/directory you do not want accessed without username & password.

Once you done that. You can add as many usernames & passwords as you want...

In CP you would have an option for Password Protected Directorys on the main menu..

In DA you should have an option to protect the folder next to the description on the folder in the file manager.

I hope I have helped...

Question me on on any problems you may have ( relating to websites or computers that is Laughing )
Dan...