FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Metallica Down the Ages (Wats Yur Fav Metallica Song)

shivajibanerjee
Am A big fan of metallica and have been for the last decade now ,
was extreamly disappointed with their latest album which was St Anger well it angered me all right,
the transition form thrash metal(Kill em all) to heavy metal(Black Album ,Load , Reload ) was simply brilliant but this transition to "St Anger" as i shall not give the honer of being put in a genre was simply pathetic and all the feel and flavour of the once gods of heavy metal was lost
jus hope the new album does not disappoint
My Fav Metallica Songs are (not in order of preference)
1.Four Horsemen
2.One
3.Nothing Else Matters
4.Turn the Page
5.Memory Remains
6.Unforgiven II
7.Fixxxer
8.Enter Sandman
Klaw 2
I like metallica a lot too.

My favorite songs are

Fuel
Memory remains
Unforgiven II
Hit the lights

It is indeed unfortunate that they get less and less "harder" and more softer. Within 5 years they will play polka Laughing As many others I think that ST. Anger is not very good. But then they are getting old and maby they just wanted to try something else.
liljp617
Smile Refuse to vote in the poll. All the bands have made their impact (and you left out many of the top metal bands)...none can be put that far above the others as the best.

Anyway, favorite Metallica would have to be

Fade To Black
One
Unforgiven
Unforgiven II
Sanitarium
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Disposable Heroes
Blackened
Orion

List is too long lol

Pretty much everything Very Happy And personally I think St. Anger was a fine album. They were just trying something new...people need to relax Smile It wasn't even that bad of an album (obviously didn't stand up to their past, but all bands have weaker albums).
Helios
I will allow this thread to stay open as long as there will be an actual discussion here.
If the next replies will also contain list of fav. songs, or similar, consider this thread locked.
I also removed the poll.

Anyway, my opinion about Metallica: they ceased to be a good band after Kill 'Em All. Since then they've been rolling like cheese down the hill...
But even then, Kill 'Em All is nothing than a mediocre thrash album.
liljp617
Helios wrote:
I will allow this thread to stay open as long as there will be an actual discussion here.
If the next replies will also contain list of fav. songs, or similar, consider this thread locked.
I also removed the poll.

Anyway, my opinion about Metallica: they ceased to be a good band after Kill 'Em All. Since then they've been rolling like cheese down the hill...
But even then, Kill 'Em All is nothing than a mediocre thrash album.

=/ Why would this thread be treated differently than the "guitar heroes" thread or something of that sort? All those are are lists as well.
Helios
Well, simply because you can recommend your favorite songs in the stickied thread.
Next time send a PM, so you won't post posts unrelated to the topic...
sandmanxyz
BLACKENED!!!!
gtherockgod
Im really only a fan of the older stuff, but what a doozy that stuff is- has shaped the last 20 years of metal.

My favorites:

Master of Puppets, of course
For Whom the Bell Tolls
One
Sad But True

i dont mind some of the newer stuff though...Fuel's a kickin song.
arquivo
in 90īs I bought some metallica albuns, and in my opinion we never got other one like the "Black Album", it was and is the greatest work by metallica... even the video clips... some days ago i saw the unforgiven video... man, its like it was done yesterday...
Now i will find some web radio to listen those metallica sounds and back to the good times...
roxys_art
There are so many Metallica songs that it's hard to just pick one as my favorite. However, since that's the main subject of this thread, I will attempt to.

I would have to pick To Live Is To Die as my favorite Metallica song of all time. It's basically a song dedicated to Cliff and the last song that he has credit writing. Although, that's not why I like the song.

There's just something about the way the song flows that I really enjoy. Even though this is basically an instrumental (there is a short poem in the middle of it), when I listen to music, the instruments are the first thing I usually listen to anyway. The lyrics and singer are secondary in my book. Not that I don't enjoy the singer and lyrics, I just usually have to understand the instruments before I can even think of listening to the singer. Just my personal preference though.

For what it's worth, Fixxxer is a very close second.
Stevezorr
Metallica is my favourite band of all time. My favourite songs include, in no order:

-For Whom the Bell Tolls
-Blackened
-Master of Puppets
-(Welcome Home) Sanitarium
-...And Justice For All
-Fade to Black
-Creeping Death
-Orion
-The Call of Ktulu
-Battery

I have more favourites, but that is just 10. I am actually wearing a 'Master of Puppets' shirt right now. Smile
eggg
Metallica died with Cliff as far as I'm concerned... Trapped Under Ice always been my favorite.
emem
seek and destroy, master of puppets, unforgiven, nothing else matters, welcome home (sanitarium),...
ramgottwallpapers
My Metallica Top Ten

Seek And Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
The Unforgiven
Whiskey In The Jar
So What
No Remorse
The Unforgiven II
One
Bleeding Me
Enter Sandman
Futumuch
I am really surprised that Hero of the day hasnt shown up in any bodies list. Its a fantastic song.
Rattlebunny
Blackened, Of Wolf and Man, The Thing that Should Not Be, Blitzkreig, Am I Evil?, Four Horsemen, Fight Fire with Fire, Anything on Ride the Lightening, Battery, Fuel, Ain't My Bitch, 2 x 4, and on, and on, and on...........
marciomarques
my favorites:

St. Anger
Battery
Kill Em All
Master Of Puppets
One
Fade To Black
The Unforgiven II
The God That Failed
Rolling Eyes
Vitalist
They had too many brilliant songs i cant stop at one.
my favourites:

1. The Unnamed Felling.
2. Enter Sandman
3. St. Anger
4. Master of Puppets
5. One
6. Fade To Black
7. Nothing Else Matters.
8. I Dissappear
xtranophilist
1. One
2. Seek & Destroy
3. Nothing Else Matters
4. Fade to Black
5. Master of Puppets
6. Enter Sandman
ramgottwallpapers
Do you have listen The Day That Never Comes? or My Apocalypse? They're really good my friends! Laughing
xtranophilist
ramgottwallpapers wrote:
Do you have listen The Day That Never Comes? or My Apocalypse? They're really good my friends! Laughing

Yeah. These songs are great. i think Metallica are back.
My Apocalypse sounds kind of Slayer and is great.
The Day That Never Comes is also great, slowly goes extreme, love that.
liljp617
xtranophilist wrote:
ramgottwallpapers wrote:

Yeah. These songs are great. i think Metallica are back.
My Apocalypse sounds kind of Slayer and is great.
The Day That Never Comes is also great, slowly goes extreme, love that.

They will never be back =/ It's a fact that any Metallica fan should recognize. They will never touch MoP, Ride The Lightning, etc. again in their careers. If you compare these songs to St. Anger, it's obviously much, much better. But no, Metallica will never be "back." Their prime is LONG LONG in the past.
killerqueen
Fade to black
NinasKatter
Smile

Nothing Else Matters
Unforgiven
Unforgiven II
Disposable Heroes
Devils dance
Fade To Black
The memory remains
Hero of the day
Nutteloos
Many will not agree with me, but I think Load and Reload contain some pretty awesome songs.

Thorn Within, Fixxxer, Outlaw Torn, Carpe Diem Baby, etc... I'm really missing some of those.
venometal
ride the lightning
leper messiah
master of puppets
fade to black
the day that never comes
low mans lyric
no remorse
no leaf clover
wherever i may roam
until it sleeps
some kind of monster
one
to live is to die
orion
sanitarium
blackened

.)))) i love metallica at all
cornflake
this is a good album
welshsteve
Difficult to naem one song. Among my favourites are:

Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
Fade To Black
Enter Sandman
Sad But True
Seek & Destroy
Creeping Death
Wherever I May Roam
One
roxys_art
My favorite Metallica song has to be To Live is To Die. Just a great song in my opinion, and I love the progressions it goes through...not only musically but emotionally.

It starts softer, then goes to a heavier sound, then to a softer sound, then heavy, etc. It begins and ends the same way, which I find interesting considering the song title.

It's hard to rank the other Metallica songs, but I definitely feel this is my favorite song.
djcaution
Unforgiven II is by far my favourite. I was so dissappointed with saint anger but their last cd wasnt bad
Afaceinthematrix
My favorite Metallica songs are:

Four Horsemen
Breadfan
Fight Fire with Fire
Jump in the Fire
The Unforgiven
Master of Puppets

To be honest, I like all Metallica (they're my all-time favorite band)! I also liked their entire S&M album because it was unique sounding.

But the best thing about Metallica are their shows! I've watched many of them on DVD (I've unfortunately never been to a Metallica concert) and they always put on an awesome show! Some of my favorite concerts of theirs was the 1989 concert in Seattle (that whole show was epic) and their performance of Enter Sandman at Monsters of Rock in Russia in 1991 (I think).

So basically, I like pretty much all of their songs (except a few on St. Anger - their weakest album). But their shows are even better.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Death Magnetic. That album was awesome. I should add another song to my list of favorite Metallica songs. I really liked "All Nightmare Long."