FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RPG for PSP?

Gushe
Hello everybody!

I'm planning on buying a new game for my PSP, and since I'm a RPG fan, I thought of finally buying one for the PSP. Smile

Now, I really don't know which is a good RPG for the PSP.. And I prefer it not to be a waste of money Neutral

What makes a good RPG to me:
- Lots of Weaponry & Armory
- Lots of skills
- Classes.
- Weapon upgrade system (or similar)
- and off course; it has to get me playing long enough. Smile (So different classes so i can try all etc..)

Now; Does any of you know a good RPG game for PSP? Smile
(It would be nice if it's for sale in Belgium Smile)

Thanx in Advance!
Greetz,
~ Gushe
ddukki
The remake of Final Fantasy Tactics. Not that FFTAdvance crap they have, but the real deal is out on PSP. There's a game that meets all those categories and more. You'll love it.
rightclickscott
ddukki wrote:
The remake of Final Fantasy Tactics. Not that FFTAdvance crap they have, but the real deal is out on PSP. There's a game that meets all those categories and more. You'll love it.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's a remake of the original, would some nice new cut scenes and new classes. This just makes it amazing in every way. Get it. F***ING GET IT.

BTW, Gafgarion is a an ass, and Argus is a wh***son.
ZeroXD
If you like a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics and enjoy a very rich development in characters and weapons I would have to suggest Disgaea.

It's seriously one of the best RPGs that has come out on the PS2 and just a little while ago it was ported to the PSP.

This definitely has everything you seem to want in a rpg. If you haven't played it on the PS2 already I would definitely recommend it heavily.

Final Fantasy Tactics is awesome as well, but it's a very old game already and I'd be surprised if you haven't played it before, but if not, I second or third that recommendation.
Dimx2
just wait for the ultimate one: the Final Fantasy core Smile
ZeroXD
you mean Final Fantasy: Crisis Core? I've been waiting for that for awhile now, cause it was released in Japan for what seems like ages now. What is the expected release date for it anyway?
applejunk
I've heard Monster Hunter was pretty good, and I think you can play online for that too, but I'm not too sure since I haven't played the game myself so I can't really review it for you.

I would definitely get Final Fantasy Tactics though because it offers tons of flexibility, and gameplay is also well thought out. Ahhh I can't wait until Crisis Core comes out, the screenshots look amazing!! It looks like Crisis Core is more centered around Zach and Aeris though. The release date is expected to be March 25, 2008 =)
enygmasoft
[quote="applejunk"]I've heard Monster Hunter was pretty good, and I think you can play online for that too, but I'm not too sure since I haven't played the game myself so I can't really review it for you.

I would definitely get Final Fantasy Tactics though because it offers tons of flexibility, and gameplay is also well thought out. Ahhh I can't wait until Crisis Core comes out, the screenshots look amazing!! It looks like Crisis Core is more centered around Zach and Aeris though. The release date is expected to be March 25, 2008 =)[/

PSP RPGs are very promising and will be worth getthing then.
urbanbuddha
You can always try out Nippon Ichi's Disgaea (though its a the premium price of a PSP game and rarer to find cause of the limited quantities).

However, it has what you want:
- Lots of weapons and armour, a good hundred or so. Also if you want to level it up to legendary status, you actually have to beat the "dungeon" level within it.
- Lots of skills. Aside from the dozens of classes, you can have monsters on your party each with their own skills.

As for playing time, the main story can take about the usual 40+ hours... but if you plan on defeating the special bosses, prepare to grind as they can easily be lvl 4000. That's right Four-Thousand. Max lvl for any character is level 9999.
frenklino
Monster hunter freedom 2 Smile
mattchun
Gushe wrote:
Hello everybody!

I'm planning on buying a new game for my PSP, and since I'm a RPG fan, I thought of finally buying one for the PSP. Smile

Now, I really don't know which is a good RPG for the PSP.. And I prefer it not to be a waste of money Neutral

What makes a good RPG to me:
- Lots of Weaponry & Armory
- Lots of skills
- Classes.
- Weapon upgrade system (or similar)
- and off course; it has to get me playing long enough. Smile (So different classes so i can try all etc..)

Now; Does any of you know a good RPG game for PSP? Smile
(It would be nice if it's for sale in Belgium Smile)

Thanx in Advance!
Greetz,
~ Gushe

i thought monster hunter is a good rpg game!
takashiro
How about Inuyasha - The festival of ****, I'm sorry I can't remember the whole name. Everyone call it Inuyasha RPG PS. You can search and find it.

QrafTee
Jeanne D'Arc, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of Lions, and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII comes to mind.