FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Image linking within my site seems to not be working

RubySlasher
http://www.wrensource.frih.net

The images have been working ever since before today. But now, the background and banner won't show up, and neither will most of the images (with the exception of the fan art.)
Is there something wrong with my preferences? All the images are still there in my file manager, but they aren't working on the actual site. :C
rvec
when trying to open a picture I get a "Internal Server Error" this is mostly caused by a htaccess problem. So if you made a new htaccess file or edited one try to revert your changes.
RubySlasher
I haven't edited any htaccess file. The only things I can think of that I did do were that I made an index file without an extension in my image folder within my public_html. I then deleted that index file. Also, I was messing around with that same image folder, and tried putting user and password protection on it, but I took it off. :C
For the meantime, I've imageshacked most of the pictures like the banner and background, but the rest still doesn't show up.

I've looked inside the ht access file, and it looks like this:

Quote:
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName ""
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/rubyslas/domains/wrensource.frih.net/.htpasswd/public_html/images/.htpasswd
rvec
you could try to view the apache error log, maybe there's something in there.
You can find that on the stats and logs page in direct admin.
Bondings
RubySlasher wrote:
I haven't edited any htaccess file. The only things I can think of that I did do were that I made an index file without an extension in my image folder within my public_html. I then deleted that index file. Also, I was messing around with that same image folder, and tried putting user and password protection on it, but I took it off. :C
For the meantime, I've imageshacked most of the pictures like the banner and background, but the rest still doesn't show up.

I've looked inside the ht access file, and it looks like this:

Quote:
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName ""
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/rubyslas/domains/wrensource.frih.net/.htpasswd/public_html/images/.htpasswd

Maybe rename the htaccess file to something.htaccess to disable it.
RubySlasher
I renamed the htacess, and it seems to be working. (Not sure if it was working before that, I forgot to... check.) o-o;;

Anyways, issue is resolved. Thank you both for your help.