FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Need To Find Chrome Borders And Lines

ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

If anyone know where to find these things, and I have tried Google, please let me know. I have found some but they were not quite "shiny" enough.

Thanks!
Texas Al
If you have Photoshop, it's very easy to make your own. Just select a shape that's in a layer and then apply one of the following styles to it...

Chrome Fat, Chrome Polished, Chromed Satin

See which one you like best. Also, don't worry about the colors because you can shift hue and saturation around (in the Image > Adjust menu) until they match your color scheme.

If you don't have Photoshop, I believe GIMP (free) has a feature for doing it someplace in the menus and knowing the open source community there are probably dozens of download sites with GIMP plugins.

You might also turn out to be lucky and there might already be what you're looking for on http://www.flamingtext.com/.
ChunkyBustout
Ok. Now how I access Chrome Polished, Chromed Satin or Chrome Fat? I'm using Photoshop CS2 and I don't see that anywhere.
Alacarde
You might want to type your search in at http://www.good-tutorials.com, that should help you quite a bit, it's great for Photoshop.
ChunkyBustout
Thanks for the info, folks!

I've downloaded about 12 tutorials for chrome effects and none of them are what I'm really looking for. I've even tried a few for chrome text (didn't need it for text) to see how that would turn out but, again, results were just ok.

If you guys know of any photoshop plugins that do chrome effects exceptionally well, please reccommend them! I appreciate it!