FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta

Which MSN do you use?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
messenger? whats that?
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

misterXY
Hey, been a long msn user. just installed the beta few weeks ago. just wondering if any notice a real good advantage on it versus the 8.5 and 7.1? only thing need is the .Gif in the display pics[finally].
Sad thing i wanted custom emotions in screen names. Also a new feature is the "personal sounds".
Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta is closed off to the public though.
IllusionSoftware
I need to check this out when it is officially released (Don't have BETA access Sad). Anyways here is the description/new updates to Windows Live Messenger 2009 (9.0) from Wikipedia:

Quote:

Windows Live Messenger 9 is currently in development. In a Presentation to the Georgia Institute of Technology's IEEE Student Branch, Microsoft employee and Georgia Tech Andrew Jenks announced that it will ship "in late 08 or early 09".

Internal builds are already at WLM 9 and includes many of the API components. They have a team working on multi-person audio/video chat for WLM that may or may not be in version 9, but is expected to be in by 10. They are also attempting to work out a way for WLM users to chat with AIM/Jabber/ICQ users like the way Yahoo! Messenger works now, and they have a basic internal version that works with Jabber already.[17]

Features published by the news site Liveside include specialized features against messaging spam, the ability to stay signed into the application from several computers (referred to as "Multiple Points of Presence Support"), animated GIF files in the photo area, per-contact customized sounds for various user actions, and clickable URLs in the status area.[18]

On November 20, 2007, an invitation to participate in the Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta was sent out to beta testers on Microsoft Connect. Later on November 27, 2007, Microsoft began sending out emails to beta testers, welcoming them to the Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta program.

The current beta version of WLM 9, in contrast with current stable versions of Windows Live Messenger, does not include the device manager, resulting in WLM-compatible devices not functioning.[citation needed]
csoftdev
it is nice but a little bit of problem when i tried it. perhaps i will wait till the final release of this software before i upgrade my current version of it.
dray101
8.5? I've been using 8.1 and I thought I had the latest stable (by microsoft standards) version.

Oh well getting latest now...
eXon3
I'm using WLM 8.5 at the moment, but I wonder what Microsoft will have in the 9th version of it.
Actually, I don't recall any really major changes from version 7 to the 8th, except some minor ones such as buddy profiles. I hope the 9th will blow me away, although you can't expect too much out of Microsoft.
misterXY
eXon3 wrote:
I'm using WLM 8.5 at the moment, but I wonder what Microsoft will have in the 9th version of it.
Actually, I don't recall any really major changes from version 7 to the 8th, except some minor ones such as buddy profiles. I hope the 9th will blow me away, although you can't expect too much out of Microsoft.

you'll barely see ne change asides from .gifs in ur d/p Evil or Very Mad
newso
im sure a 9th version will be made. im sure there will be one day with considerable changes. im predicting one major one aswell.

Should microsoft buy yahoo, which im sure they will as yahoo is going nowhere at the moment. They will incorporate yahoo messenger and live messenger together. Giving microsoft an even bigger hold on this market.
misterXY
newso wrote:
im sure a 9th version will be made. im sure there will be one day with considerable changes. im predicting one major one aswell.

Should microsoft buy yahoo, which im sure they will as yahoo is going nowhere at the moment. They will incorporate yahoo messenger and live messenger together. Giving microsoft an even bigger hold on this market.

there already is a 9 out, im running it through beta.
considerable changes include:
Personal Sounds (for when a contact messages you, when a contact signs on etc...)
Block and Report as a spammer (dont know if it works)
some more games
Gif images for display pictures
andersonshatch
newso wrote:

they kinda already have combined the two services. You can talk to people on Yahoo messenger from MSN though I'm not sure if it works the other way round. It doesn't look like MS will buy them now though - seeing as Yahoo doesn't want their money Smile
misterXY
andersonshatch wrote:
newso wrote:

they kinda already have combined the two services. You can talk to people on Yahoo messenger from MSN though I'm not sure if it works the other way round. It doesn't look like MS will buy them now though - seeing as Yahoo doesn't want their money Smile

Yep, yahoo is trying to struggle for money now, that's what happens when they spam there shit, and sell out too people.
Jaan
have they added an always on top button? that's what i REALLY want!
dude_xyx
I'm gonna wait Messenger 9 comes out of beta stage. Microsoft beta software usually give enough headaches. I Hope they have enough interesting things packed up in it to make it wroth to upgrade.
Arnie
I use Miranda IM's MSN Messenger plugin. Saves a lot of useless and/or annoying features (such as nudges...)
Diablosblizz
I use MSN 8.5 with MSNPlus! I want to try 9, but I doubt it'll be any better. I wish I had Beta access. Sad
DjMilez
I think I also use 8.5 and msn plus...

Anyone got any ideas on what messenger 9 should behold? =O
misterXY
l've been using the beta since it first was leaked (literally, l think the first day it was leaked). But l use A-Patch and haven't had any issues or headaches anyone speaks of Confused So l have no idea why anyone worries nor why microsoft still in it's beta stage of things....?
pspnl
beta is not good ilike full version
seba3977
its not as good in my opinion 2 much like how it was in version 7
misterXY
l'm now using WLM 9.0 Wave 3 beta, its ALOT better then the previous, only downside is a smiles issue.Sad
Diablosblizz
I'm using the 2009 version, although not too sure which one. I got MSNPlus with it, and I love the new layout. Pretty cool!
toxictux
i used to be a big user of msn live messenger. but since co-workers at work use Yahoo, i had to switch. but running Yahoo messenger and live messenger takes up too much system resources. and i dont normally use the fancy features they both have. so switched to pidgin. it does have problems many times. so switching between Trillian and pidgin. waiting to see what trillian astra has to offer.
funky_programmer
I'm using WLM 2009 now. I like the new look and new icons, but one bad thing is they don't provide the offline installer, so I have to be online each time I want to install it to my computers.
misterXY
Diablosblizz wrote:
I'm using the 2009 version, although not too sure which one. I got MSNPlus with it, and I love the new layout. Pretty cool!

MSN Plus is filled with crap, if you want ad's removed and stuff, try out A-Patch Very Happy Been using it for years and kept it a secret from my friends until last year, selfish l know but hey, that's what happens when you know the interwebs!