FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PSP remote play with PS3!!!!!

djcaution
OMG IT ROCKS!!!!!! With the newest ps3 update recently released about 3 weeks ago, you can now remote play your psp with your ps3!!! Let me explain just how sweet this is. Even if your ps3 is off - from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection - using your psp, you can turn on your ps3 at home, connect to it and see exactly what you would see on your ps3 screen on your psp's screen. You can watch movies, look at pictures, and play any music that is saved on your ps3 through your psp. It's too sweet. I modded my psp myself and now that I got this working too my psp and my ps3 make a sick and deadly team. I love it
djcaution
I almost forgot! It gets so much better. If your ps3 is networked to your computer, like mine of course is, you also have access to every music, picture, or video file on your entire computer, on your psp from anywhere in the world. I LOVE IT
Kelcey
It's pretty neat... but there's nothing on my ps3 that I could really screw around with remotely at a fast speed.
misterXY
djcaution wrote:
OMG IT ROCKS!!!!!! With the newest ps3 update recently released about 3 weeks ago, you can now remote play your psp with your ps3!!! Let me explain just how sweet this is. Even if your ps3 is off - from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection - using your psp, you can turn on your ps3 at home, connect to it and see exactly what you would see on your ps3 screen on your psp's screen. You can watch movies, look at pictures, and play any music that is saved on your ps3 through your psp. It's too sweet. I modded my psp myself and now that I got this working too my psp and my ps3 make a sick and deadly team. I love it

yells out HACKER gift. remember going online using ur psp means turning down ur firewall and etc? ye real smooth to do. psp sucks.
ZeroXD
I haven't actually used the psp as a ps3 remote, but it sounds pretty awesome.

misterXY are you saying that you have to turn off all firewall and security for remote play features? There's no option to forward only the ports necessary?

I'd have to disagree with you on the psp sucks comment, as it's one of the coolest modifiable device i've owned in a long time. For sheer gaming, i'd probably say ds is more entertaining, but psp is great for multimedia and it's also a must if you like rpgs and anything that requires 3D (action games like monster hunter freedom, fpses, etc. DS's 3D capabilities absolutely blow.
Dimx2
yes it rocks ucan even watch a full movie Smile
blk3
Sounds great but I don't have a PS3 so I guess it won't be too helpful.
Seiji
That sounds great, so you that means you wouldn't need that big of memory card anymore if you can just watch and listen to everything off your PS3 and PC. I only have a PSP which I rarely use and don't plan on getting a PS3 anytime soon but thats pretty cool.
mattchun
it's not that special, ok?
I thought i could use psp as my backup ps3 controller, that'll be cool.
djcaution
misterXY wrote:
djcaution wrote:

yells out HACKER gift. remember going online using ur psp means turning down ur firewall and etc? ye real smooth to do. psp sucks.

you should do some research before you speak pal. firewall is up and running no problems. and its just as fast loading stuff on the psp as it is right from the ps3 too by the way Cool
m-productions
the display when using remote play with the ps3 is a LOT slower when navigating the menus of the ps3. its a neat feature, but until other things are done (such as playstation home) that is if that even has remote play otpion, its not a very important feature.
eday2010
ZeroXD wrote:
I'd have to disagree with you on the psp sucks comment, as it's one of the coolest modifiable device i've owned in a long time. For sheer gaming, i'd probably say ds is more entertaining, but psp is great for multimedia and it's also a must if you like rpgs and anything that requires 3D (action games like monster hunter freedom, fpses, etc. DS's 3D capabilities absolutely blow.

The DS's 3D capabilities are good enough. they don't need to be spectacular; it's a handheld. Besides, 3D is a bit overrated. 2D games are still loads of fun, and it's for the 2D games that I am getting a DS. I wouldn't care if it didn't do any 3D. There is enough 3D junk on the home consoles.