FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server space

tony
Could we increase the server space for accounts? I have a new project in mind which I would love to use your host for but I do not have enough space here. Maybe if there is not enough space, it could be something like GMail where the longer you stay, the more space you get? Thatd be pretty sweet. Well, either way I still love you guys, Frihost! THanks!!
Manofgames
What kind of project needs more then 250mb? Shocked
If you want space to upload loads of stuff, use a file mirror or something.

Also, I think it's against the rules to ask for space upgrades..
rvec
not going to close this because I want to know why anyone would want +250 mb Smile
Ratmaster
tony wrote:
Could we increase the server space for accounts? I have a new project in mind which I would love to use your host for but I do not have enough space here. Maybe if there is not enough space, it could be something like GMail where the longer you stay, the more space you get? Thatd be pretty sweet. Well, either way I still love you guys, Frihost! THanks!!
PM me your plan, I may be able to give you some space on something else if I feel that what you are doing is important.
rvec
Ratmaster wrote:
tony wrote:
PM me your plan, I may be able to give you some space on something else if I feel that what you are doing is important.

Just to remind you:
Quote:

The following rules apply to Posting in the Forum as well as Private Messaging.
Posts, avatars, signatures and usernames must not contain sites/links to or information about another webhost.

edit: just to make it clear if it wasn't, you won't get extra space on frihost.
Ratmaster
rvec wrote:
Ratmaster wrote:
tony wrote:

Just to remind you:
Quote:

The following rules apply to Posting in the Forum as well as Private Messaging.
Posts, avatars, signatures and usernames must not contain sites/links to or information about another webhost.

edit: just to make it clear if it wasn't, you won't get extra space on frihost.
I really don't consider myself a webhost, since I would not allow him to host a personal website and/or start any type of support, discussion, or database for his project. It would be only for use of the project if it was needed of over 250 MB. If this is still unacceptable, you can delete/edit my posts. Sorry.
silverdown
I use www.mediafire.com to host my project files you can sign up with an account or just upload them.
Josso
Personally I do use about 1GB on my paid hosting but I have about 7 sites on my server! 250mb is more than enough really unless you've got something very specific that requires paid hosting anyway.
garionw
This debates been started a long time ago Razz

In my opinion frihost is designed for those who want a basic forum/blog without the need to pay $$$ for payed hosting. Along with the generous bandwidth, its more then enough space for a simple wordpress blog with attachments
tony
Don't worry. I can tell that I will not get any space, so I am not expecting it. But just to answer everyone's question, I am working on a free community-developed text translator. The service will use AJAX to query a PHP script which in turn will query a MySQL database. That database will have all the words and their translations between all the supported languages (parsed with PHP from the wiktionary XML dumps put out by the Wikimedia foundation). The beginnings of it are at http://rosetta2.com but I will be changing a lot when I can find the right hosting solution and get things rolling. Thanks nonetheless for being a great free host, Frihost! I'll still use you for my other, smaller projects; don't worry Smile
zellfaze
Might I ask where the name was gotten from for your project?

Also, people like me could use extra space. I use my Frih account to host websites for other people, I make the sites then host them on my account, then help with administrating them. All for free. After a few sites that starts to chew up space, so I had to stop. Sad
rvec
ok going to -close- this one now. More space won't be available, if you make websites for others you can ask them to get webhosting and put the site on their account.