FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think is best for you? What do you like

Chucky
What sort of jokes do you think you will enjoy when with friends.
I hate when someone plays a practical joke which involves contact wit skin.

DO you think i am a frick?
Or what do you think?
crdowner
No, I do not think you are a freak for not liking practical jokes that involve contact with skin.

Many people do not like having their personal space invaded. I think this is often shaped by where you grow up. For example, I grew up in a relatively rural area so I am used to a good deal of personal space. People that grow up in large cities like New York City or London are not accustomed to personal space because there are so many people that there is little or no personal space.
zjosie729
I don't think you're a freak because I hate contact with skin too. I even hate people just getting too close to me.
WhistleTurning
Answer to the question in the post is of course

ME

and the second part reply is -you could have guessed it

yes it is

ME
cloudship
i guess it really depends on the concurrent situation you and your friends are in. On some occasions, it might be OK for everyone when the mood is there; and on some other occasions, it is annoying to makes arbitary jokes regardless of the mood.

well, depends on the mood of the person who is made joke of and who makes the joke, i think.
Idoru
A frick? No, I agree with the oppinions about personal space presented here. But personally, I'm not bothered with it.
Anyhow, the sort of jokes that make me laugh are quick and unexpected, presented in words. I also enjoy when there
are no limits to what you can joke about.

For example, a friend of mine at work told a story about an old man bound to a wheel-chair with a heart-condition.
The question came up if he had kids, with the answer several. Another of my co-workers burst, compleatlly spontane,
that the man couldn't have a heart-condition...
Well, mabye inappropriate, but that's what makes my day. Nothing is sacred, presented the right way.
china
all, i think a good joke must share with best friends
jwellsy
Are you constantly preoccupied with germs?

I wouldn't tell your buddies about your fear of touch.
They may choose to have a lot of fun at your expense.

Next time you get a physical,
you might want to share this with the doctor.
Coen
I don't think you're a freak at all. If you do not want people touching you I can totally understand that. People ought to respect that wish.

jwellsy wrote:
Are you constantly preoccupied with germs?

I wouldn't tell your buddies about your fear of touch.
They may choose to have a lot of fun at your expense.

Next time you get a physical,
you might want to share this with the doctor.

You are making some fast conclusions here. He doesn't have to hate being touched because of germs, the reasons could be far more complex. I don't think he should seek any medical or mental counsil as long as he isn't bothered by it. There are many people that don't like practical jokes including physical. It doesn't have to be a mental condition.
Stevezorr
I included hate it when people invade my personal space or touch me, I wouldn't consider you a freak.
Miriah
Chucky wrote:
I hate when someone plays a practical joke which involves contact wit skin.

DO you think i am a frick?
Or what do you think?

I don't always understand humor when it is aimed at me. I stop and examine what is said in a literal sense first. What people say MUST be what they mean. Yeah right. LOL But that is how my brain operates.

When after examining what was said in my head for "sense", I then look for a joke in it if it doesn't make sense. If I cannot find something in my head from past experience that will explain how this is a joke, then finally I verbalize and ask "What do you mean?". If the person tells me "It was a JOKE!!" - then I ask them to explain how it was funny. So I will know next time to laugh. I am the Terminator of humorous moments. Rolling Eyes

If I am the one making jokes...I can "cut and paste" what I have experienced in the past and sometimes come up with something funny. That's verbally. If I am writing...I can be REALLY FUNNY!! But that is because I can edit, erase, rewrite, and edit some more, and then test my "humor" out on my husband. Very Happy I am lucky that he loves me unconditionally. LOL

As to being touched... I can't stand to be touched sometimes. My daughters love to hug, hug, hug. I go through periods of time though where they come running up to hug me, and I scream "NO!".

I love my daughters...but I just cannot stand to be touched sometimes. My son is this way...but worse. He will stand there and be stiff and let you hug him, but then he is done when he feels that he can get away with "getting away". One of my daughters loves to hug everyone else, but cannot stand for "touching" to be initiated by anyone but her.

So you are not weird. Relax. A lot of people are this way. It's a kind of "normal", not everyone's normal...but it is YOUR "normal".
TBSC
What are some examples of practical jokes that involve contact with the skin? Tickling?
filet
I guess its depend on your mood after being played practical joke, if it wont bother you much afterwards I guess you wont mind it at all.
Crinoid
Chucky wrote:

Smiles, talk, eye contact and facial expression. No skin contact - I agree that this is invasion in the personal space. More of this, what is called a practical jokes, in my environment is considered as an insult with following breach of any relations and contacts. And the people are much gentle there - no need to be constantly on guard and fight attackers.

If the friends were raised in similar environment, this is not an issue at all. But when someone comes from a family or a social group, where this was a norm, and the only way to go - in my experience, nothing can be done, except leaving this person(s) and finding the real friends, not troubles.

I reserve right to have own opinion on the subject - your experience may differ, seriously. (You see - now I'm on guard and expect attack. Why?)