FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB3 - Keeps changing domain...?

LostOverThere
Somewhat of a strange question. I have phpBB3 installed Here. As you can see, the domain is cheesemedia.net but after clicking on a few topics, etcetera I am finding that the domain is changing to cheesegames.frihost.net/forums/.

Is there anyway around this? The phpBB3 server domain is cheesemedia.net, as is the cookie.

Thanks in Advanced. Smile
Sunny
Hi,

I just went to your site, clicked lot of links and it didn't skip domain even once. If that's still happening with you try to notice what is triggering it. Its an old board and doesn’t really makes lot of sense to behave like that all of sudden.
rvec
edit: sorry misread.

Like HBP said, cookie or your site settings (still Razz) you might have the wrong link set in your settings and after logging in it will send you to the url in the settings.
HalfBloodPrince
^ I think his problem is that it reverts to his Frihost url all of a sudden.

I went through your forum to a variety of different types of pages and had no URL jump at all.

Try clearing your cache; there might be a cookie or something doing this for you.
fadirocks
also it would be wise if you post on www.phpbb.com!!! but solution is very simple get on your ACP and look for server settings!!! it looks like you merged your site but didn't re-configure it properly!!
mOrpheuS
Apparently, the site works fine - as reported by several members.

There's point in trying to solve this, unless the OP can confirm that the problem still exists.
garionw
Actually now that I remember (I was there when it was setup)

Orignally one or two attempt's at installing it where from the frihost domain. Quite possibly there was a cookie set, which would automatically move to the proper domain when a new page is loaded.

So as the other Posters have said, clearing your cookies should fix the problem