FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


If a black man becomes a US president





Billy Hill
..does it mean we can end all affirmative action since the playing field in this country is obviously equal? Question
HalfBloodPrince
...Women?
Billy Hill
...Cheerios??
HalfBloodPrince
Hey, I mean no harm. I think it would be excellent if a black man became president; that's a big leap in breaking that racial wall. I'm saying that it would also be excellent if a woman came into power.
Billy Hill
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Hey, I mean no harm. I think it would be excellent if a black man became president; that's a big leap in breaking that racial wall. I'm saying that it would also be excellent if a woman came into power.


OIC. It was hard to figure out what you were talking about. Very Happy

I think it would be great to have a black president too. I just don't think this is the right one. As for a woman, again, a good idea, but this is not the right one. Besides, we have several women in hi-level positions, including the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelose and we have a black lady as Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice.

IMNSHO, Condi would be the ultimate president, a black lady. Very Happy
Bryan_Bezzle
Yeah a black woman would be more ultimate than the first black or the first woman. Just get them both over with come one Condo!.......................................I like Ron Paul damnit.
LumberJack
You might need a Hispanic as president as well to silence everyone Smile
Insanity
...I don't think you understand the concept of affirmative action...
Jinx
How about a black lesbian pagan for president and cover all the bases.
icecool
how about the best PERSON for your president.

i understand all the race and gender stuff in your country - it's no different anywhere else to be fair. but if we just would all concentrate on getting the issues sorted instead of trying to be politically correct all the time we actually may see some progress on all the fronts these so-called candidates are talking about.

isn't it a POLICY you should be voting for and the person who is flogging it at the moment - and then hold that person to account if the policies are not implemented - and maybe not wait as long as with bush to get rid of him/her if he/she defaults on promises made.

cheers
Afaceinthematrix
I don't really think it matters if the president was black. I'm worried about the best candidate becoming president. I'm not a huge fan of Obama and I can't stand Hilary Clinton. But I'd definitely choose Obama over H Clinton.
smarter
Obama is black? Shocked

1. His father was black and his mother white => "racially" he is half white, half black. Only in America he is simply "black".
2. As I understand he was raised only by his mother in a white community.

Therefore his "blackness" is hardly black. Anyway he looks like an Arab to me! Laughing

What will you call a president that has as grandparents: a black, a white, an Asian and an Eskimo.
But the Asian grandparent is half Chinese and half Arab. And the black one has a Hispanic grandmother. And the white is in fact half Jew, a quarter German and a quarter Polish. And so on....

In the name of political correctness, I hardly can wait for this type of president! Laughing
agustin
It would be great if a black man became president! black man has a dofferent way of thinking and doing things... from my possition I think that would be possitive for the US. I didnt heard much about Obama but I like it. Good luck bro.
MYP415
Quote:
It would be great if a black man became president! black man has a dofferent way of thinking and doing things... from my possition I think that would be possitive for the US. I didnt heard much about Obama but I like it. Good luck bro.
You can't go by what race they are, you should be looking at things like where they stand on the issues, their leadership skills, their voting record, etc. Race has nothing to do with whether or not someone would be good for the presidency. [/quote]
Bryan_Bezzle
Well to all the people living outside of the US rest assured this topic is only to poke fun. We are not all that stupid as to vote for a candidate just because we would like to see some color or some ovaries in the oval office. Like I stated before I like Ron Paul because he is very stern about the states governing themselves like they should under one nation. He is also very constitutional meaning everything that America has done to distance itself from our own constitution he is against. He seems like the best candidate but he wont win the republican nominee because our media outlets decide who will win. I hear nothing but "Clinton, Obama" and "McCain, Romney". Our media also has ushered in an age of a two-party system. They have made it damn near impossible for an independent party to even stand a chance. Anyways....it seems America has made a big deal about having a black pres or a female pres because democrats have thrown money at every media station to make sure the people know other people are ready for change. America bit the bait.
jwellsy
Being an African American is not a barrier to being President.
Colin Powel or Condalisa Rice would make fine presidents.

I can not vote for Barach Huessien to be President.
To have a person in the White House with an Islamic heritage
is insulting to the memories of the thousands that died on 911,
it insulting on many levels.

Obama Hussien's father and grandparents were Muslim.
He attended several Muslim schools.
It is undisputable that Islam is part of his heritage.

I'm not ready for someone with an Islamic heritage
to live in the White House.
icecool
jwellsy wrote:
Being an African American is not a barrier to being President.
Colin Powel or Condalisa Rice would make fine presidents.

I can not vote for Barach Huessien to be President.
To have a person in the White House with an Islamic heritage
is insulting to the memories of the thousands that died on 911,
it insulting on many levels.

Obama Hussien's father and grandparents were Muslim.
He attended several Muslim schools.
It is undisputable that Islam is part of his heritage.

I'm not ready for someone with an Islamic heritage
to live in the White House.


maybe we should ask some native indians how they feel that somebody proclaiming to be "christian" to be president.

i am not a religious person but to put a "faith" label onto anybody seems narrow minded to me.
it's PEOPLE that count - not labels

is it "christian" to go around and kill?
is it "islamic" to do it?

IT'S JUST BAD PEOPLE

cheers???
liljp617
Bryan_Bezzle wrote:
Well to all the people living outside of the US rest assured this topic is only to poke fun. We are not all that stupid as to vote for a candidate just because we would like to see some color or some ovaries in the oval office. Like I stated before I like Ron Paul because he is very stern about the states governing themselves like they should under one nation. He is also very constitutional meaning everything that America has done to distance itself from our own constitution he is against. He seems like the best candidate but he wont win the republican nominee because our media outlets decide who will win. I hear nothing but "Clinton, Obama" and "McCain, Romney". Our media also has ushered in an age of a two-party system. They have made it damn near impossible for an independent party to even stand a chance. Anyways....it seems America has made a big deal about having a black pres or a female pres because democrats have thrown money at every media station to make sure the people know other people are ready for change. America bit the bait.

-.- You don't hear about anybody else because they haven't done anything in the primaries/caucuses. McCain/Romney and Clinton/Obama have both made quite large impacts so far in terms of winning states...naturally they will get more attention seeing as how they're the most popular among the general public.

Ron Paul has decent ideas...except he takes them to the level of being a nutcase. He is incredibly idealistic and has a flawed view of reality. He thinks the US can just sit back and watch without actually being involved in the world (aka isolationist). He thinks people are naturally great and caring individuals who care about the well being of everybody in other countries (we know that's not true). Anyway, he's a very smart guy who has good ideas, he just takes them too far. I love his urge to protect the Constitution. I do like that he is very knowledgeable about the US's history in the Middle East and this rise of modern extremism (he's the only candidate who has come out and talked about blowback and such). But he also wants to completely dismantle the federal government...naturally, I would say that's a good idea because it's very corrupt and needs to be fixed. But we're in the middle of a global war; we don't have the leeway to experiment with dismantling our government. He has the wrong idea there (ie getting rid of the CIA, IRS, Dept. of Education, Homeland Security, FBI, etc.). Not the right time to deal with those aspects of the government. His views on the economy are also disheartening.

On a side note, I honestly think he'd have done better on the Democratic side =/ Being the only Republican against the war really hurt him in my opinion.

jwellsy wrote:
Being an African American is not a barrier to being President.
Colin Powel or Condalisa Rice would make fine presidents.

I can not vote for Barach Huessien to be President.
To have a person in the White House with an Islamic heritage
is insulting to the memories of the thousands that died on 911,
it insulting on many levels.

Obama Hussien's father and grandparents were Muslim.
He attended several Muslim schools.
It is undisputable that Islam is part of his heritage.

I'm not ready for someone with an Islamic heritage
to live in the White House.

=/ If you're going to insult his heritage (something he has absolutely no control over), at least know more about him. Judging him by his heritage is as idiotic and closed minded as judging him by his skin color. I'm not telling you who to vote for, but your reasoning for not voting for him is absurd and quite ignorant....as well as intolerant.

Let's set this straight: Islam is a religion, not an ethnicity or heritage. You cannot have Islamic heritage; maybe Islamic past, but not heritage =/ He practiced Islam for two years of his early life when he lived in India and attended a predominantly Muslim school for two years. He also attended Christian schools.

Secondly, him having Muslim or Middle Eastern-like heritage...how is that a hindrance? Personally, I think it would send a message to all these people who wish to kill us because we're obviously very negligent of their culture and beliefs. It would possibly show we're not all complete idiots who wish to imperialise the Middle East and we accept/have tolerance of those with Muslim heritage.

Third, when he began making his own decisions, he was nonreligious until his mid-twenties when he joined the Baptist church (yes, a Christian church). He has been a member of that church for around 30 years I believe. He took the Senate oath on his own copy of the Bible.

On a final note, I think you're very closed minded. He has much more than just Muslim heritage. To base him purely on like 10 years of his life or the parents he was born to (which he didn't have control over) is kind of silly. You don't base any of the other candidates on heritage, how can you judge him on it?
Bryan_Bezzle
liljp617 wrote:
Bryan_Bezzle wrote:
Well to all the people living outside of the US rest assured this topic is only to poke fun. We are not all that stupid as to vote for a candidate just because we would like to see some color or some ovaries in the oval office. Like I stated before I like Ron Paul because he is very stern about the states governing themselves like they should under one nation. He is also very constitutional meaning everything that America has done to distance itself from our own constitution he is against. He seems like the best candidate but he wont win the republican nominee because our media outlets decide who will win. I hear nothing but "Clinton, Obama" and "McCain, Romney". Our media also has ushered in an age of a two-party system. They have made it damn near impossible for an independent party to even stand a chance. Anyways....it seems America has made a big deal about having a black pres or a female pres because democrats have thrown money at every media station to make sure the people know other people are ready for change. America bit the bait.

-.- You don't hear about anybody else because they haven't done anything in the primaries/caucuses. McCain/Romney and Clinton/Obama have both made quite large impacts so far in terms of winning states...naturally they will get more attention seeing as how they're the most popular among the general public.

Ron Paul has decent ideas...except he takes them to the level of being a nutcase. He is incredibly idealistic and has a flawed view of reality. He thinks the US can just sit back and watch without actually being involved in the world (aka isolationist). He thinks people are naturally great and caring individuals who care about the well being of everybody in other countries (we know that's not true). Anyway, he's a very smart guy who has good ideas, he just takes them too far. I love his urge to protect the Constitution. I do like that he is very knowledgeable about the US's history in the Middle East and this rise of modern extremism (he's the only candidate who has come out and talked about blowback and such). But he also wants to completely dismantle the federal government...naturally, I would say that's a good idea because it's very corrupt and needs to be fixed. But we're in the middle of a global war; we don't have the leeway to experiment with dismantling our government. He has the wrong idea there (ie getting rid of the CIA, IRS, Dept. of Education, Homeland Security, FBI, etc.). Not the right time to deal with those aspects of the government. His views on the economy are also disheartening.

On a side note, I honestly think he'd have done better on the Democratic side =/ Being the only Republican against the war really hurt him in my opinion.




Yeah youre right. But even though this isnt the time to be thinking of "dismantling our government", he did state that our federal reserve bank is not American as one of the reasons America was created and that was to stray away from the centralized bank of Britain. But anyways, if CNN decided to put as many Edwards stories up and not slander him on his issues and say a few words to his benefit like they do Obama/Clinton then it might be Obama/Edwards or vice versa whatever. I just strongly believe that the media has a stranglehold on what Americans believe and take in as good or bad.
jwellsy
Insulting and calling me names does not erase Barack Huesseins Islamic heritage.
It is a part of who he is, like it or not, it's true.
liljp617
jwellsy wrote:
Insulting and calling me names does not erase Barack Huesseins Islamic heritage.
It is a part of who he is, like it or not, it's true.

I don't insult you, I insult your ignorance and close mindedness....which is very apparent and obvious. It is clear you haven't done a whole lot of research into his background; you simply take what is spoonfed to you by media or slander sources. Saying you're ignorant isn't an insult, it's an observation. You mentioned his Muslim schooling and Muslim heritage, yet didn't mention is majority Christian schooling or the fact that he has not practiced Islam since he was in his early teens (when he began making his own choices he chose to get away from Islam). You ignored the other 90% of his heritage and ethnicity and judged him solely based on his Muslim heritage. You say being black isn't a problem, then go on to judge him specifically on his heritage...that's called hypocrisy. And yes, judging someone based on their heritage is equally as idiotic as judging someone based on their skin color or some other aspect they didn't choose at all. Personally, I'm more worried about people like you in this country than I am a person with like 1/6 Muslim heritage who has practiced Christianity for decades... -.-

I'm not attempting to erase anything. And for the last time, Islam is not a heritage. Islam is a religion. Learn, or think, before speaking.

I don't think you read my post either...just skimmed it and picked at it to try and prove whatever asinine point you have =/
jwellsy
Interesting how liberals react militantly hateful and hypocritically when confronted with painful truths.

Barrack Heussein still has a Muslim heritage no matter how hard you try to dismiss it.
liljp617
jwellsy wrote:
Interesting how liberals react militantly hateful and hypocritically when confronted with painful truths.

Barrack Heussein still has a Muslim heritage no matter how hard you try to dismiss it.

Being liberal has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm not even voting for Obama if he gets the candidacy (unless Huckabee is the Repub. nominee). The point is you're unfairly judging him. Whether you wish to acknowledge that or not isn't important. I'll acknowledge it, because you've proven it very much in the few words you've said. You judge him based on 10 years of his life and disregard the other 30 or so. You judge him based on an extremely small part of his heritage...acting as if people choose their heritage. You judge him based on going to a Muslim school in India for two years EVEN WHEN he attended multiple Christian schools in his past. You judge him solely as a Muslim, when he is a hell of a lot more than that. You judge him as Islamic, when he hasn't practiced the religion since he was extremely young and he has practiced Christianity for around 30 years.

Calling someone a liberal doesn't do anything for your argument to be honest. You haven't proven a point yet outside of him having Muslim heritage (which I have acknowledged). Not a single time have I attempted to rid him of his Muslim heritage (even he hasn't, so why should I). You see/read what you want to see apparently, so not much point in discussing this. It's apparent you don't really read the posts, you just skim a few lines and reply with a single sentence...why even post on forums if you don't care to have discussions? Completely illogical.

And yes, I'm acting hostile for the simple reason that it's getting extremely old to see people who have the right to vote and they don't even take 10 minutes out of their day to search for the truth...they merely judge someone based on what is spoonfed through the opposing party's media and mudslinging sources....when 90% of that information is completely skewed and doesn't tell the whole story.

On a side note: His name is Barack Obama. No one is referred to by their first and middle name -.- Although, I know it's just your way of trying to paint him as some nutcase terrorist. Luckily people like yourself are a minority.
jwellsy
I read your robot talking point dribble.

I just disagree with you.

If you feel that Barrack Hussien's Islamic Heritage is irrelevant, that's your prerogative.

I also have a right to believe Barryuck Hoosain's Islamic heritage is relevant
to his suitability to be Commander in Chief living in the White House.

I'm sure that all internal and external groups around the world that hate the USA
agree whole heartedly with you.
liljp617
jwellsy wrote:
I read your robot talking point dribble.

I just disagree with you.

If you feel that Barrack Hussien's Islamic Heritage is irrelevant, that's your prerogative.

I also have a right to believe Barryuck Hoosain's Islamic heritage is relevant
to his suitability to be Commander in Chief living in the White House.

I'm sure that all internal and external groups around the world that hate the USA
agree whole heartedly with you.

Smile I enjoy your mudslinging, Conservative spewing as well. You should put in an application with Fox..you'd fit right in.

Well, it appears we've gotten no where. You can't spell his name, you can't grasp the fact that Islam is not a heritage in any way, you can't grasp the fact that you say his African heritage isn't a problem but his Muslim heritage is is 100% hypocritical, you can't grasp the fact that he has aspects of multiple heritages which you don't seem to have any problem with, you can't grasp the fact that he's fully Christian with zero Islamic/Muslim influence, you can't grasp the fact that the Presidency is about views on issues and character, not something idiotic such as heritage or race or gender, etc. etc. The list goes on and on. And I really don't think you understand or you wouldn't continue to make the same silly mistakes of not even spelling his name correctly (or using his first and last name) or thinking Islam is a heritage, etc.

Was a pleasure speaking to you, discussion is over as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, fortunately, people who think like you are a minority in the US.
jwellsy
It's always a pleasure watching Rosie ODonnell clones spend tons of time popping blood vessels.
MYP415
Quote:
Being an African American is not a barrier to being President.
Colin Powel or Condalisa Rice would make fine presidents.

I can not vote for Barach Huessien to be President.
To have a person in the White House with an Islamic heritage
is insulting to the memories of the thousands that died on 911,
it insulting on many levels.

Obama Hussien's father and grandparents were Muslim.
He attended several Muslim schools.
It is undisputable that Islam is part of his heritage.

I'm not ready for someone with an Islamic heritage
to live in the White House.
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, not to mention racist and degrading to Muslims. Even if he was muslim (which he isn't), you shouldn't count him out for that. You should look at his policies and how he would be as a leader, not what religions he is. Last time I checked we have a little thing called the first amendment here in the States, which gives people the freedom of religion and if you are seriously that anit-muslim, then maybe you should live here.

As for thinking Condy/Colin would be good presidents, you must be one of that small percent of people who approve Bush. Those two would be far from good presidents. Lying and cheating does not make you a good president, as you can see with Mr. Bush.
Liu
Why do so many people take account of race still? Stop bringing it up as an issue, and focus on character and values of that person.

Progress already and quit being backward dim-witted citizens already.
Den_Admin
Yesterday, the grandma of Barrack Obama was on the television Very Happy

She still lives in Kenia, in a little house,
and she hopes, if Obama becomes President,
that he would give money to Africa, and far less to war and that kind of stuff.
liljp617
jwellsy wrote:
It's always a pleasure watching Rosie ODonnell clones spend tons of time popping blood vessels.

Very Happy You make very compelling arguments.
The-Ron-Man
The race of our president has nothing to do with whether or not this country is equal. It's the American Govenrment's job to give equal judgment to everyone, and that excludes any "affirmative action" or "seperate but equal" logic.
myroom
like the oldman said. don't care this is black cat or white cat, the one can catch the rat is a good cat.
a president is select by the majority people of the country. i believe the citizen will vote for a president that can lead their country.
liljp617
myroom wrote:
like the oldman said. don't care this is black cat or white cat, the one can catch the rat is a good cat.
a president is select by the majority people of the country. i believe the citizen will vote for a president that can lead their country.

Not so much. The President is elected by the electoral college. Granted, there's only been very few times where the electoral college votes against the popular vote, but the citizens don't technically vote the President in.
bigdan
icecool wrote:
how about the best PERSON for your president.
cheers


I'd agree with that. You should vote for the person who you believe would make the best president based upon their policies, actions, etc...not based upon religion or race.
MaxStirner
Billy Hill wrote:
..does it mean we can end all affirmative action since the playing field in this country is obviously equal? Question

If the playing field in the U.S. is so "obviously equal" then how would you explain the wide racial gaps in:

  • unemployment
  • job- / advancement opportunities
  • crime rates and prison population distribution
  • education opportunities
  • average income brackets
  • ... (continue this list at will)

The playing field is not even simply because individual "players" have managed to fight their uphill battle against the tilt. Discrimination is alive and well no matter what minority you might belong to: blacks, jews, gays, ... (and of course "women" though they aren't even a minority which makes it all the more shameful).
indianinworld
I don't understand the purpose of this topic. Why people are worring about the colours and i dont understand how hot this is. You are not confident and something has disturbed you on the black man. So that is the reason you have opened this topic Laughing

Keep Thinking !!!! Keep Smiling - Keep Living




_________________
as alwayZz - Cheers and Cherish
indianinworld
Visit me @ : http://www.sathish.frih.net
liljp617
indianinworld wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of this topic. Why people are worring about the colours and i dont understand how hot this is. You are not confident and something has disturbed you on the black man. So that is the reason you have opened this topic Laughing

Keep Thinking !!!! Keep Smiling - Keep Living




_________________
as alwayZz - Cheers and Cherish
indianinworld
Visit me @ : http://www.sathish.frih.net

It's a hot topic because it's the US. If you've never been/lived here for an extended period of time, I highly doubt you'll really grasp the concept and situation. Although I agree with you in saying color is not a big deal, again, this is the US. To most people, whether it's innate or purposeful, color makes a big difference.
imera
People should chose their leader by who can do the best job, not by their ethnic background or sex, everyone can do the same job, the difference is what they want for the people.
ddoonie
It is quite disturbing to see how prevalent ignorance is... People rarely vote for actual policies etc.. now a days, they just stick with their party, and blindly follow, rarely thinking for themselves.
Moonspider
ddoonie wrote:
It is quite disturbing to see how prevalent ignorance is... People rarely vote for actual policies etc.. now a days, they just stick with their party, and blindly follow, rarely thinking for themselves.


This may be straying a little off the thread's topic, but would it really make a difference in how people voted if they voted on policies rather than parties?

For example, if you're a Democrat, would any given Republican candidate's policy proposals be closer to your beliefs than those of a Democratic candidate?

Respectfully,
M
liljp617
ddoonie wrote:
It is quite disturbing to see how prevalent ignorance is... People rarely vote for actual policies etc.. now a days, they just stick with their party, and blindly follow, rarely thinking for themselves.

It's always been that way. The majority of the US public has pretty much always been mis/un-informed when it comes to electing a President.

Moonspider wrote:
ddoonie wrote:
It is quite disturbing to see how prevalent ignorance is... People rarely vote for actual policies etc.. now a days, they just stick with their party, and blindly follow, rarely thinking for themselves.


This may be straying a little off the thread's topic, but would it really make a difference in how people voted if they voted on policies rather than parties?

For example, if you're a Democrat, would any given Republican candidate's policy proposals be closer to your beliefs than those of a Democratic candidate?

Respectfully,
M

I think it would. There's entirely too many people who simply vote all Democrat or all Republican simply because of the party affiliation. The Republican candidate could be terrible, but some would still vote Republican just because they feel they have some obligation to the party. Or the other way around. People rarely look at the issues in depth. For instance, Ron Paul was running for the Republican candidacy, but was very much against the war in Iraq. He had extremely different economic policies from most of the candidates and he had a completely different viewpoint on how the government should play its roles. Just using him as an example, many of his policies weren't in line with most conservative's. I really don't think you can make a valid, informed decision just by looking at the party affiliation. Yes, you will rarely find a pro choice conservative, pro marijuana legalization conservative, etc. or a liberal against Roe v. Wade, a liberal against welfare type programs, etc. The party members very often do have similar positions on the major issues, but when you truly look in depth at their stances, they're often extremely different in the details of how certain things will be accomplished and at what costs. I really do think it would make a difference if people took the time to truly get informed on what the candidates plan to do and how rather than just judge them based on the major, generic issues that are almost all alike across the board depending on party.
Soulfire
It's funny, because when people think affirmative action, they generally think of one single thing: race.

If the non-whites win every time, as most opponents of affirmative action will tell, why are they so horribly misrepresented in business and government? Why are ALL fortune 500 companies virtually all white? (I would say 95-98% white).

It wouldn't end. We could say that children getting in because their parents were alumni is unequal and a form of affirmative action.

Besides, the majority of benefactors of affirmative action are white females.
gr8inferno
I don't have a problem if a black man becomes a US president, well not Barrack Hussein Obama and his liberal agenda.
Related topics
Bin Laden offers truce...
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Democrat US Senator Joe Lieberman booted for war-hawk stance
Best US President
The american presidential primaries
the economy hurts right now, so bad......
Obama: rumors of anti-patriotism?
Christians, Jesus, and Africans born in America from slavery
Will Obama become the next assasinated President of America
McCain's Worst or Dumbest Quotes
'RACE' OVER : OBAMA NEW US PRESIDENT, Claims Historic Win
Things only a Republican could believe
Musings on agnosticism
US President Obama calls for further Burma reforms
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.