FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WAMPSERVER PROBLEM !!! HELP !

salman_500
hey guyz,

its been long since i last used wampserver for my sites, because i took a break from webdesigning and stuff... during the time i noticed that wampserver started to fail to start. the icon in the tray would continue to remain red or yellow, never white... i didnt pay attention to it.. but then recently when i wanted to use it again, it wouldnt work ... i updated it to v2.0 but still no luck .. i then tried easyphp to run the server but was having problems too..

i looked up wampserver forum and found that it might be so because the firewal was blocking port 80... my firewall didnt give me the optin to unblock it, so i switched to AVG internet security... now i allowed lots of stuff in its configuration, and the icon finally turns to white, but i get this error message :

well wat do you know ... i wanted to take a snapshot of the error msg ... but now that i start wamp server... it dosn't even move from red... and when i check the menu... i dont even get the option to start the apache or mysql service individually ....

i really have no clue wats going on ... some one please help me with this ! :S
IllusionSoftware
salman_500 wrote:
hey guyz,

its been long since i last used wampserver for my sites, because i took a break from webdesigning and stuff... during the time i noticed that wampserver started to fail to start. the icon in the tray would continue to remain red or yellow, never white... i didnt pay attention to it.. but then recently when i wanted to use it again, it wouldnt work ... i updated it to v2.0 but still no luck .. i then tried easyphp to run the server but was having problems too..

i looked up wampserver forum and found that it might be so because the firewal was blocking port 80... my firewall didnt give me the optin to unblock it, so i switched to AVG internet security... now i allowed lots of stuff in its configuration, and the icon finally turns to white, but i get this error message :

well wat do you know ... i wanted to take a snapshot of the error msg ... but now that i start wamp server... it dosn't even move from red... and when i check the menu... i dont even get the option to start the apache or mysql service individually ....

i really have no clue wats going on ... some one please help me with this ! :S

Do you have a router? If you do try to open port 80 from your router.

Also try and see if XAMPP works. I use that and it works great. If all fails remove wampserver and setup a wamp server manually (install apache, php, and mysql manually).
Diablosblizz
IllusionSoftware wrote:

Do you have a router? If you do try to open port 80 from your router.

Also try and see if XAMPP works. I use that and it works great. If all fails remove wampserver and setup a wamp server manually (install apache, php, and mysql manually).

If he used it before then the router wouldn't be the problem, unless he bought a router in that case Software is correct. Personally, I don't have a answer for you, other than firewall settings. Have you allowed WAMP to connect to the internet with Windows Firewall as well as AVG? On both there is a way to allow a specific program to connect to the internet by browsing for the file. Unfortunately, I don't know an answer for AVG but for Windows firewall you can do the following:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Security Center

At the bottom of the pop-up click Windows Firewall. On the new pop up click the Exceptions Tab then click Browse and browse for ALL .exe files for WAMP.

That may work, if not then go with XAMPP or use Frihost, both are very convent.