FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want to renew my domain, but I don't have a credit card

Diablosblizz
I wish to renew my domain from dotster.com, but I do not have a credit card to do so. I got the domain from a free domain service (geekdomain.net) but I think they've went out of business. I wish to renew the domain with PayPal, and so far I haven't found a domain service that takes PayPal.

Does anybody know how I can do this?
Sunny
I think Godaddy.com does accepts PAYPAL ACCOUNT, You can can check with them.
Scorpio
Godaddy accepts PayPal payments, but the paypal account should be verified, meaning a credit card should have been used to verify the account./ Otherwise it wont be accepted by them

You can try namecheap.com or dynadot.com, they accept paypal too..
SonLight
I'm not sure about the specifics, but I believe registrars are required to make some effort to assure that domain owners are who they say they are. If you have a bank account, you can get verified by Paypal with that.
jpowers
Dotster does offer the ability to renew domains using Paypal. I'm not sure if the domain is in a account owned by you or (geekdomain.net) since no domain was listed. You can call Dotster at 360-253-2210 to have this question answered and get assistance with renewing the domain.
Diablosblizz
I don't have a credit card to verify my PayPal Account. I don't have a bank account that can be verified with PayPal. I believe it requires a "Checking" account, and I have a savings.

Please help, I badly need my domain renewed. I am using Dotster currently, and it's $15 dollars to renew.
Scorpio
As I said earlier, did you try namecheap.. I am quite sure that they do not need a verified paypal to renew or transfer or register domains.

Just create a free account with them, transfer the amount from your paypal and then transfer the domain from dotster..
dude_xyx
Well if you are a member at namepros.com there are few domain resellers who accept NP$ [ namepro.coms forum currency ]. you can earn NP$ by offering services or completing other members offers such as forum posting. domain transfer price there is like $7. even you can buy NP$ from web site bank and use to renew/transfer your domain.
Diablosblizz
I believe that I have found a pretty good domain site. It's called domainsite.com. Has anybody heard of it or used it before? I don't want to waste money if they are going to rip me off.

They offer a $6.99 .net domain that is basic. Has anybody else used them before?
foRs
look at http://www.onlinenic.com/ . reliable service
Diablosblizz
Has anybody tried the two sites? Trying to debate which one I want to buy.
Scorpio
Domainsite is reliable enough.. You can go ahead and buy from that.. But honestly, Namecheap would be my choice since their support is pretty fast and also problems with domains are pretty less.. this is from my 2 year experience with them
badai
usually in every country there are local companies who are a reseller where you can pay cash to these companies. ask around, that is, the real people there, or in local forum. there should know.
Diablosblizz
Namecheap offers domains for 9 dollars, and I am very limited with my budget. I plan to buy the domain from Domainsite.com as it is the cheapest.
Scorpio
Good luck with your purchase at domainsite
manumiglani
Rather buy from Name.com at $5.99 if you have a low budget

Quite Reliable
Summer
Another option: my siggy. Take a look at my forum.
win66
I just posted
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-88676.html

Maybe it suit your need. Very Happy