FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WE ARE WHAT WE EAT

takashiro
Choosing what to eat is no longer s easy as it once was. Our eating habits have changed, as has our way of life, and the fuel we need for our body is also deffrent. Traditional diet often have too much fat and too many calories for the 21st-century person. If we want to keep up with the hight pace of modern life, we had better learn to make the right choices about what and how we eat.
Stores offer all kinds of food and snacks and we have to make manu choices. When we choose what to buy and eat, we had better think wheather the food will give us the nutrienents we need.
takashiro
Some nutients help build our bodty and make it stronger . Portein, for example, is good for our muscles. Fish, leat and beans contains a lot of protein. Calcium, which is found in eggs, milk and other dairy products, is good for our bones and teeth. We should also eat carbohydrates, the main fuel for our body, which we can get from bread, rice and noodles. Other nutients, such as bibre and minerals, help keep our body functionning well.
chasbeen
Actually eat what I feel like. Interesting that I don't feel hungry after a run. Thats probably the best time to listen to yor body. I think most people overeat because of todays lifestyles. Hope that makes some sense Embarassed
Georgeboy
It is really important to eat what is good for our health. If you have to concentrate a lot, you don't have to eat something fat. A lot of vegetables are good for your happiness...Wink

Someone who respects himself will only eat what is good. You can really see what character the person is. I can agree with the statement that we are what we eat.
PennyLane
If I was what I eat, then I would be an apple right now Smile I just eat when I'm hungry, and I eat what I want. I try to eat healthy, and it goes pretty good Smile
TBSC
Georgeboy wrote:
It is really important to eat what is good for our health. If you have to concentrate a lot, you don't have to eat something fat. A lot of vegetables are good for your happiness...Wink

Someone who respects himself will only eat what is good. You can really see what character the person is. I can agree with the statement that we are what we eat.

I don't think it is as easy as choices. Many people have uncontrollable food cravings. Many people are addicted to food. Once they get on a diet, it is often too restrictive and unrealistic to stick to and to prevent the cravings from returning. Once in a while treats are ok, but not everyday. If a person can stick to moderation in their junk food, while eating tasty foods that are good for them in the long run, that is best.
mina
I do agree with the idea that we are what we eat.

I also agree with TBSC on the point that it is something more than choices.

The way that our culture works nowadays is that its normal to eat junk food... it's incredibly difficult to get away from all the food that is so bad for us because it's more easily accessible, and also cheaper. It's hard to keep away from, and when you're in a rush and you only have so much time to grab some food then you'll grab the easiest thing, which is usually fast food ( i.e. McDonalds) or junk food (i.e. cookies and chips).

Of course, this isn't to say that we *should* be eating this way, but it's just a fact of life today. It's why there are so many problems with obesity. I myself am not overweight, but that's due to carefully watching my diet and going to the gym.

I do have to say that it makes me very sad when I have to say no to that giant piece of cake, though... Sad
TBSC
mina wrote:

The way that our culture works nowadays is that its normal to eat junk food... it's incredibly difficult to get away from all the food that is so bad for us because it's more easily accessible, and also cheaper. It's hard to keep away from, and when you're in a rush and you only have so much time to grab some food then you'll grab the easiest thing, which is usually fast food ( i.e. McDonalds) or junk food (i.e. cookies and chips).

Of course, this isn't to say that we *should* be eating this way, but it's just a fact of life today. It's why there are so many problems with obesity. I myself am not overweight, but that's due to carefully watching my diet and going to the gym.

I do have to say that it makes me very sad when I have to say no to that giant piece of cake, though... Sad

Well I made it through Valentines day without eating any chocolates: I think that is somewhat of a victory. Very Happy
anmuthu
I agree too..

TBSC wrote:
mina wrote:

Well I made it through Valentines day without eating any chocolates: I think that is somewhat of a victory. Very Happy
deanhills
We are what we eat ... is very true. Just have this feeling though that we are thinking too much about what we are eating, rather than to eat when we are hungry and to leave it at that. Think all of our bodies are different and unique and one body may absorb nutrients different than the next. Also one body may need different nutrients than the other body. Think this is a personal matter where one has to get in touch with your own body, without being obsessive about it.

I like some of the books that say there are different body types where some may need more flesh food, others vegetarian, etc. Most important part is to be brave enough to figure out exactly what one needs and not to be carried away with all the literature on the subject.
arieo
I like banana,.. I'll eat it every night before go to bed, what this could be?
gr8inferno
I like chikin.
Dean_The_Great
When I eat, I try to make sure I'm getting the essential nutrients, and that I'm not loading up on starches and fats. That being said, I also try to eat proportionally to my excercise. If I find that lately I've been sitting at my computer a lot, I'm not going to eat something crazy intense, because my body wouldn't have the need for it, nor does my body crave it right now.

I know when I'm eating poorly because my body just feels rotten. Same thing if I'm not drinking enough water. And when I start to feel poor, I eat something high in protein/vitamins (chicken salad is brilliant for that) and then I usually feel better.
caborela
just eat fruit and drink water...
barmstonian
caborela wrote:
just eat fruit and drink water...

You can get all the nutrients you need by drinking 48 pints of Guinness a day. Or other similar stouts I would imagine - Beamish, Murphys, etc. The only thing you miss out on is vitamin C, so you should have a lime top in one of them. This was the result of some serious research. Not sure if they actually empirically researched it.... 48 pints is a lot to keep up with every day.

If just Guinness gets a bit boring, you want to mix it up a bit, Carlton Palmer used to drink what me and my Guinness drinking / Sheffield Wednesday supporting friend used to imaginatively call 'Carlton Palmers'. These are pints of Guinness with a white wine poured in. Doesn't taste as bad as you'd imagine.

Purple nasty variation - half a Guinness, half a cider, pernod and blackcurrent. Again, nicer than you'd think.

Enjoy, and remember, drink responsibly - respect alcohol, respect yourself Wink
Sláinte!
B.
media-flow
i agree, we definately are what we eat and i think we should definately think a bit more carefully about what we eat.

~~####Mikey B####~~
RubySlasher
I'm addicted to vegetables, spinach, corn, garlic, onions and stuff, so I guess that's what I am.
takashiro
PennyLane wrote:
If I was what I eat, then I would be an apple right now Smile I just eat when I'm hungry, and I eat what I want. I try to eat healthy, and it goes pretty good Smile

I don't understand. Are you just playing a joke or misunderstanding my meaning?
jessic007
I eat lots of food, but I am not a food. I am a person, go figure.

On topic, we Americans consume way more calories than we burn, resulting in an obese nation. Convince more people to eat less, and you will reduce the number of overweight people.