FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Discuss World News Forum: Get More Strict!

orno
I think too many people are using this forum to post, well, what should i say, Meaningful Spam.

I mean its proper world news, so its meaningful stuff, but they simply copy paste it, most of the time WITHOUT quoting their sources, AND stating what they think about it (as is required by the rules). Either the mods should get more strict about this, or that forum should be removed altogether.

What say?
WickedGravity
I agree with you 100% and will be more dilligent to make sure that this trend is discontinued forthwith.
tidruG
One of the main reasons is that if we get any more strict, the only way of doing it is to lock the thread or remove it as spam. If we start doing that, we'll hardly have any threads left in World News.

Generally, I post a warning in the thread in bold stating that the poster must post his views and post the source. I don't want to lock the threads because some people may still want to reply to the news article. I don't want to remove the threads because I want everyone reading the threads to see that that is considered spam, and we want them to post with their sources and their opinions. Let's see what the other Mods/admins say.
babumuchhala
<<OOPS wrong thread>>

<<edited>>
tidruG
babumuchhala wrote:
i am a real dumbo on this, but my friend who makes pics & stuff for me always sends it in GIF format saying these are really small in size and have great commpression.

Wrong thread. You meant to post this in the Avatar size thingy... copy it and paste it there.

@orno, I just got a little annoyed at one of the spam threads in the DWN Forum... so now, I'll going to start getting a little strict about this. I'll probably start PMing the spammers.
Bondings
I delete all copy-pasted posts I see. Please don't lock the thread or quote it yourself, just remove it.

Quote:
Quote your sources or your post will be removed!

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6378