FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flag These Videos - new site - BETA

ftv_flung
Hi,

Flag These Videos is now in BETA and we'd like you to sign up and try out the site and possibly give feedback.

The link to the BETA pages is here (updated link) and on the homepage.

Old layout

Site description: Flag These Videos is here to help keep violent and inappropriate videos off YouTube. Users report videos to us, The FTV Team review them, then we publish the video on our website for other members to flag. The end result is that the video is taken down from YouTube.
thewebkid
I think that your doing a great job creating a site like this. I pray it becomes very successful.
benjad
::thumbs down::

Hate it on a lot of levels.

1. Visually, everything is cramped into the upper left corner of my screen.

2. Visuals are awful... looks like 80s neon lights.

3. Code is hideous. WYSIWYG editor?

4. Concept is bad ... take your thought police idea somewhere else. One man's pleasure is another man's pain .. that doesn't mean you get to choose what everyone else gets to see.

giant ::thumbs down::
ftv_flung
Thanks for your input, benjad Wink

benjad wrote:

1. Visually, everything is cramped into the upper left corner of my screen.

I'm gonna be changing the layout, and re-coding everything, so apologies for the current layout.

benjad wrote:

2. Visuals are awful... looks like 80s neon lights.

Do you have any suggestions for colour schemes?

benjad wrote:

3. Code is hideous. WYSIWYG editor?

Yes, it was a WYSIWYG editor.

benjad wrote:

4. Concept is bad ... take your thought police idea somewhere else. One man's pleasure is another man's pain .. that doesn't mean you get to choose what everyone else gets to see.

It's not the thought police. The site isn't meant to spy on people, it's to aid ridding video sites of offensive videos that shouldn't be there in the first place.

--

Thank you also thewebkid for your comments about the site.

Thanks,
FTV_Flung
Insanity
I agree your color scheme needs a big revamping. I see almost every single color of the rainbow on this page; get some consistency, maybe stick with the whole black-gray thing.

Expand the site more, there's more to the page than just the top left. Find more neutral colors instead of all these bright colors.
salman_500
it looks like a PRE-beta site Confused

change the layout.. u can get thousands of free templates on sites which are better than this ...

Your idea is good, but its good for a certain class of people.. i think ppl of this class will like it very much ...
Good Luck !
ftv_flung
Okay, thanks for the feedback salman_500 and Insanity.

Gonna be working on those then, but yeah I do agree. Wink
ftv_flung
Okay - I've totally re-done the website and it's more clean - please take a look!

Also, please feel free to try out the features etc. - thanks!
LostOverThere
Wow, I really like that idea. I really hope this becomes a success as its such a great idea.

Not having seen the older design, I can't comment on that or improvements. But the new design looks nice to me. Smile

Thumbs Up.
benjad
like the new look of the site, but still hate the concept. The 'airbrushed' beta logo looks unnatural... might need a little retouching to look like real overspray.

You also might want to limit the jump out colors in your very muted color scheme. the red, yellow, green, and blue jump way out and upset the balance of your design. Leave the navbar red links, and replace the remaining color cues with <strong> or *gasp* <b> tags to give them the emphasis you want, without trapping the eye in that pop out color.
thewebkid
I agree about the "beta" graphic. You should match it with the font of the "flag these videos."
Also I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I think instead of going with rounded edges on your navigation background. I think it should match the top banner and stay squared.

As for the nav, why don't you create a hover color. Maybe the same read for "Report now" and "Videos to flag." And you validation images should match the scheme of your site. Just some thoughts.
ftv_flung
thewebkid wrote:
I agree about the "beta" graphic. You should match it with the font of the "flag these videos."

Done

thewebkid wrote:
I think instead of going with rounded edges on your navigation background. I think it should match the top banner and stay squared.

The top header is slightly rounded, just not as much. Does it look that much different from the other rounded edges?

thewebkid wrote:
why don't you create a hover color. Maybe the same read for "Report now" and "Videos to flag." And you validation images should match the scheme of your site. Just some thoughts.

Done - I've changed the validation images, and added hover colours to the non-red items in the menu.
benjad
next project --> corporate identity.

your site is very text heavy... even the graphics are very text heavy. Time to think about a unique, uniform image that you can use to represent yourself.

Honestly, the idea of selling the space in the footer is kind of spooky. What if someone pays for a white and pink animated banner... it will draw the eye right off your site.

Your idea / layout might not be best to trade banners with (well, that is unless RIAA or the MPAA, or some other 'snitch organization' wants to trade banners with you). Sorry--- i can't help it. I just detest this idea so much... Silenced