FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

reg flash memory

abhishek25
Recently flash memory is a term widely used by most of the technologist. I know these dayz every device is comming up with flash memory like ipods and other gadgets. I have even heard that laptops will soon be designed to include flash drives. I wanted to ask that though flash memory is useful. Is it really secured?? and if yes. can any one tell me wat security measures are embedded in it
froginabox
Flash memory is another term for a solid state hard drive, it refers to any kind of solid memory that data is stored on long term (ie not RAM). You can set up file encryption on flash memory just like on a normal hard drive... although most of the uses for smaller flash memories that doesn't really make too much sense (ie iPods, cameras, etc).
Arno v. Lumig
Flash memory will "soon" replace Hard Disk Drives, because they can be much faster if the technology gets developed a bit more.

There are indeed some laptops with SSD's instead of HDD's, for example the Asus eee, and the Macbook Air.

It is possible to use an encryption on SSD's, but that has always been possible for HDD's aswell.