FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Newbie domain transfer question

swizzy
I wanted to transfer a domain and some really newbie questions, pls answer it guys...

> My friend wants to give me a domain, its hosted on host1. I wanted to transfer it to a new host - say host2. What are the procedures, what is and how do I obtain EPP.

> Also I wanted to change the contact details in the WHOIS!

> When I change the domain name from one host to another, (for eg. from enom to godaddy) does the renewal period get carried over?
k_s_baskar
Quote:
> My friend wants to give me a domain, its hosted on host1. I wanted to transfer it to a new host - say host2. What are the procedures, what is and how do I obtain EPP.

>You can easly transfer the host by simply changing the nameserver to new host

Quote:
> Also I wanted to change the contact details in the WHOIS!

> To alter whois details, you need domain control panel (usually it will be provided to bye the registrar while registering the domain name)

Quote:
> When I change the domain name from one host to another, (for eg. from enom to godaddy) does the renewal period get carried over?

> I can't understand your question properly there is no need to change the domain registrar for swifting your hosting server from one place to another.

Smile
swizzy
k_s_baskar wrote:

swizzy wrote:

> I can't understand your question properly there is no need to change the domain registrar for swifting your hosting server from one place to another.

Smile

I mean if I want to keep the registrar same, and change the domain control panel to a new host, what are the steps

The transfer domain page of my new host says this

Quote:
If your domain is from Public Domain Registry then your domain will transfer here FREE of cost. You have to just move your domain to our control panel or our representative will do it for you. We will charge if you want to renew your domain now only!
k_s_baskar
Okey Now I can able to understand.

your domain is now registered with "public domain regisry" which is holded by directi. If i am correct your control panel may look like this

http://cpanel.resellerdomain.org

or like this

http://www.resellerdomain.org

You can easly and freely sign up as customer such control panels. While siging up you will get a unique user id and code. by using this code you can transfer your domain from old account to new account from old control panel.

I think this will solve your problem.

Smile