FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Turkey -Come! Who ever you are come even if ... come-(visit)

denemecik
I am inviting everyone to visit Turkey. Turkey has many interesting places to visit.
denemecik
You can see Judaism, Christianity and Islam in one Country and living religions in peace.
Especially in Ottomon in the Past.
So many historical places in Turkey.
rsyolar
We have visited Turkey many times as my husband's family lives there. The most wonderful and awe inspiring thing is how they have combined the history with the present and live their lives in such a culturally vast location. OK - the food is not bad either!

We were in Turkey on 9/11, and I have never seen such an outpouring of concern for us as Americans by the locals. It did not matter that they were Muslim, Christian, or whatever. They were concerned for our possible loss as American's. It was really an amazing time and they are really great people. I recommend a visit if you ever get a chance. You will never regret it!
caa-noise
denemecik wrote:
You can see Judaism, Christianity and Islam in one Country and living religions in peace.
Especially in Ottomon in the Past.
So many historical places in Turkey.

It is very interesting.
I want to visit Turkey!
ganesh
Turkey does appear to be an interesting place to visit, with its rich past and juxtaposition of various cultures, what with it being at the crossroads between Asia and Europe! I definitely want to visit Turkey some time!
ocalhoun
Why do I so often see people from Turkey (and India, for that matter) acting like representatives of their country's tourist industries?
Not trying to be demeaning, (I'm sure they are wonderful places to visit) I'm just wondering why...
palavra
ocalhoun wrote:
Why do I so often see people from Turkey (and India, for that matter) acting like representatives of their country's tourist industries?
Not trying to be demeaning, (I'm sure they are wonderful places to visit) I'm just wondering why...

--we like to see people visit our country(for turkey)
venometal
turkey is a strange country. she has lots of historical places, natural beauty in abundance, with romantic rocky coves n great stretches of sandy beaches. also mountains r cool n touristic too. however citizens r not reliable. u cant trust everyone u meet. turkish government has been runnin the country in a very very bad way for several years. they dont care bout the citizens thats why everyone tries to survive n save himself & his family. cuz of this, there exists some buttheads in that country. in addition, crime rate is very high in turkey. u can see lots of thieves, murderers, addicts, homelesses, punks n so on. i think the source of this situation is the mob. major cities r in control of several international n domestic mafia gangs. anyway, i dont recommend visitin turkey to anyone. at least not in this 5 year period.
Afaceinthematrix
ocalhoun wrote:

It may be because tourism plays a part in their economy so they want to get as many people as possible to visit; it may financially benefit them.
palavra
venometal wrote:
turkey is a strange country. she has lots of historical places, natural beauty in abundance, with romantic rocky coves n great stretches of sandy beaches. also mountains r cool n touristic too. however citizens r not reliable. u cant trust everyone u meet. turkish government has been runnin the country in a very very bad way for several years. they dont care bout the citizens thats why everyone tries to survive n save himself & his family. cuz of this, there exists some buttheads in that country. in addition, crime rate is very high in turkey. u can see lots of thieves, murderers, addicts, homelesses, punks n so on. i think the source of this situation is the mob. major cities r in control of several international n domestic mafia gangs. anyway, i dont recommend visitin turkey to anyone. at least not in this 5 year period.

when you talk about rate of murderers,addicts,homeless ; it is better if you give some statistics.

http://christianparty.net/turkey.htm

i think if we compare the rates, only in traffic accidents; turkiye has bigger problem than the average of europe and usa.

but all the other type of crimes (murder,rape,thefty...) average of turkiye is lower than the average of europe and usa.

http://www.querycat.com/faq/fcac57bee6d5e905a96d55f2ea9f370e

Quote:
Is Turkey safe ?
ANZAC House Youth Hostel Turkey - Travellers Tools - Frequen...
No !! Turkey is definately not safe. We regularly receive reports of hangovers, sunburn and fatigue. We therefore strongly recommend that for your own safety you come prepared and bring suntan oil, sun glasses, aspirin and lots of vitamin B. We should point out that the embassies are recommending against travelling to the South-East of Turkey unless absolutely neccessary.
Related Questions

Is it safe to travel to Turkey?
FAQ
Turkey is one of the safest countries in the world in which to travel, because its rate of crime is relatively low in comparison to many Western European countries. A few years ago, Interpol, the well-known international police association, ranked Turkey as the safest holiday destination in Europe for travelers. Naturally, we recommend that travelers to Turkey exercise the same precautions as anywhere else, and be aware of security concerns that affect all international travelers.
Related Questions
yourhellfire
türkiye çok güzel bir yer tarihi güzellikleri olangezmekle bitmeyen binlerce askerimizin vatanı uğruna savvaştıkları yer olan cankkale vatanımızın en güzel parçası dünyaiçinde fedekarlıkların önce insan sevgisinin yer aldığı bir savaşın göstergesi türk ve dünyatarihiiçin mükemmel bir yer turkey mesela çanakkale anzACLAR BAKIMINDAN SEVİLEN BİR YER analat anlat bitmez güzel yurdumuz benden bu kadar
joostvane
I've been alot to Turkey. Most of the people there are friendly, and relaxed. I've been to Ankara, Istanbul, Antalya, Bodrum, and some others. Antalya and Bodrum were great, but you should pick a nice hotel. (we heard people complain.) 4 or 5 stars at least. Istanbul was very interesting with Aya Sophia, and had many culture stores, etc etc. But, be cautious and do not accept any invitations for free drinks inside someone's shop. (advice from our guide)

yourhellfire wrote:
türkiye çok güzel bir yer tarihi güzellikleri olangezmekle bitmeyen binlerce askerimizin vatanı uğruna savvaştıkları yer olan cankkale vatanımızın en güzel parçası dünyaiçinde fedekarlıkların önce insan sevgisinin yer aldığı bir savaşın göstergesi türk ve dünyatarihiiçin mükemmel bir yer turkey mesela çanakkale anzACLAR BAKIMINDAN SEVİLEN BİR YER analat anlat bitmez güzel yurdumuz benden bu kadar

Excuse me? Razz I think the forums in this section are English-only.
jackbreat
In Turkey their are many historical places .Which is amazing and very attractive to visitor.In there historical place are also very famous.In their people are so good.