FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do dogs get giddy?

DoctorBeaver
I was amused earlier by watching our Staffie pup chasing her tail. She was spinning round & round in the same direction for about 5 minutes, then ran off without the slightest hint of a wobble.

If I'd spun round like her for that long my legs would have turned to jelly and I would have ended up in a heap on the floor.

So how do dogs manage it?
crdowner
I have no clue but dogs often make me giddy. I have a border collie mix that gets SOOOooo excite when she see me or my partner. She is scared to death of strangers and load noises though. We bring her in our house anytime neighbors are shooting firecrackers because of the noise. She loves to lay at my feet and "allow" me to pet her. If I stop petting her with my feet, she "reminds" me that she is still there and wants to be petted.

She then gets really excited when it is time to go outside again. She will stand on her back feet and spin around in circles. She cracks me up.
Tumbleweed
I wonder..... So , I picked the dog up and span him around, unfortunatly I can not report on the results as I fell into the coffe table then onto the floor Razz

Waits for a "willing" assistant
bigdan
Dogs getting giddy? I've seen my Jack Russell dog spin around chasing after his tail, and he's never done it.
Idoru
Own a Border Collie who has the chasing of the tail as a reaction on stress. Never seen him bothered by it,
even though we try as hard as we can to prevent it. It was a bit funny the first time it happened, but Border Collies
get stressed quite easilly, perhaps especially our, since he grew up under less favorable circumstances.
What I'm trying to say is that it can happen that he does it a lot, and he's never gotten giddy. I don't think the balance
of dogs works the same way as for us humans.
Coclus
DOgs are crazy!